PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale Johnson
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dale Johnson  (Read 5605 times)

John Crewe

Re: Dale Johnson
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 05:50:40 PM »

I may be risking an ear bashing here but does anyone else feel that he was treated a bit unfairly yesterday? I just don't think he deserved the level of abuse he got. He may not have always been on form for us but at least he had some good games and scored a few important goals which is more than a lot of other ex players had done in the past.
I thought it was a disgrace

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »

Let's be honest fans were simply taking out their frustration at the score on Dale, had we been winning I doubt it would have happened. Come on alty

bumble

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 06:31:30 PM »

I may be risking an ear bashing here but does anyone else feel that he was treated a bit unfairly yesterday? I just don't think he deserved the level of abuse he got. He may not have always been on form for us but at least he had some good games and scored a few important goals which is more than a lot of other ex players had done in the past.
Only disgrace was the performance

Disgraceful is mocking a dead child to his father if rumour are to be believed about the barnsley game

He loved the banter with fans and tbh he's not used to hearing any noise in that stadium

He had 1 song.... And a few shout:

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »

no it wasn't.  it was footy fans having a go at an ex-player.  not a legend, not a hero of many a battle...just yet another disappointing ex-player.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »

I can never understand peoples infatuation with players that have moved on from Altrincham - Either they want them back or take to slagging them off - What concerns me is the current crop of players on our books who cant be arsed when they play away and we spend our hard earned cash following them around the place..

Forget ex players - Good, bad or indifferent and lets hope that this current lot can give us some consistency - Think about future rather than the past.

Edited to include past managers as well -  Im Fkn sick of hearing how good / bad they were also.

Happy New Year
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:09:54 PM by distancetraveller »

York Alty

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 07:15:31 PM »

During the game it's neither about the past nor the future. It's about the game being played at the time. giving any opposing player grief is OK, if they are ex-Alty then calling them a reject or whatever is fine by me (within reason of course). 

What's worse five minutes of grief directed at Dale or a loud rendition of Alty Fusiliers?

Other than that I agree with you distancetraveller.

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

I just think it's sad that he's settled for what he thinks is his level, rather than pushing on to better things. Not the first player to suffer from lack of ambition, won't be the last. On his best form he could walk into a spot at Bury or Rochdale - so he deserves the level of "abuse" he got yesterday in my book. I'd only consider it gentle ribbing though. Real abuse is the sort of stuff we've quite deservedly given to Colin Peake over the years.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »

I think you must be living a very sheltered life. It happens at all levels of football, even at my sons junior level.

The only disgrace was the toss we played...

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »

I can never understand peoples infatuation with players that have moved on from Altrincham - Either they want them back or take to slagging them off - What concerns me is the current crop of players on our books who cant be arsed when they play away and we spend our hard earned cash following them around the place..

Forget ex players - Good, bad or indifferent and lets hope that this current lot can give us some consistency - Think about future rather than the past.

Edited to include past managers as well -  Im Fkn sick of hearing how good / bad they were also.

Happy New Year

A top post,I get fed up with hearing about ex players who we should bring back to the club.Dale Johnson had two chances at Alty and don't forget how the club looked after him during long term injury.He didn't exactly show the club
much in return by leaving for a second time.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale Johnson