News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley

Author Topic: Guiseley  (Read 1275 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Guiseley
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:09:20 PM »

Well done boys, you well and truly gave me one of the best adrenaline rushes I've ever had. I thought we were goners.

I thought in the 1st half we played some excellent football on the floor, just missing the final ball but we worked hard and looked decent but the second half was poor. Hednesford did not respond well under pressure but we started giving them space, time and certain players just switched off. I would have took Griffin off well before their goal, I would consider starting Doughty on Saturday because I just think he and Clee are a more direct threat down the left, Doughty bombs on much better than Griffin and I don't think there is much difference in pace.

Clee must start running with it more but not central, we get better chances when he hugs the sideline and goes at them, that opens it up more for the strikers in the middle, as it proved with Reevesy header. Walshaw frustrated the hell out of me in the second half, didn't put a challenge in, until those two magical minutes and he won the ball to lay it back fro Clee to cross for Reeves and was also involved in the second. We need him to do that for the entire 90 mins which to be honest he does most games so can not really fault him.

Special mention to Havern and more so Leather, unbelievable yesterday, Scotty won every bloody header.

Due to work commitments I have not seen many away games, already used loads of my annual leave to watch the boys and currently down to work next Saturday so I praying I can get it off. From what I have seen and from last season I would say Guiseley are the best footballing team in the league so we must get tighter and start with the same intensity as yesterday.

A win would mean bigger crowds, atmosphere ( which until yesterday has been missing ), better trips away ( stay overs haha ) and Macc Town ( the chance to play those again is massive ).

Finally we need to shoot towards the Golf End in the 1st half, then towards the away end in the 2nd half. It gets the crowd going in the corner which will make a difference on the pitch when fatigue kicks in.

Alty till I die and it will be them who kill me hahah !!!!

COME ON - 1 GAME AND WE HAVE DONE THIS!!! LET'S GET AN EARLY TWO GOALS

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:25:22 PM »

Doughy can't play as his knee if fooked
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »

Ok thanks!  Shame

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »

Your sub payed off !! Brilliant to share that 2 minutes with so many mates :)
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley