PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee's 20/20 vision.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lee's 20/20 vision.  (Read 5145 times)

taxi Phil

Lee's 20/20 vision.
« on: September 22, 2015, 03:15:16 PM »

I've compared our record over the first quarter of the season (yes, already !) substituting the promoted clubs for the relegated clubs (Guiseley for Alfreton) and the relegated sides for those promoted (Tranmere for Barnet).

So far we've scored 7 goals less, and conceded one more, and we're 4 points worse off.

I'll check this out at regular intervals. It's not likely to improve tonight, since we won 2-1 at Sincil Bank last season. Boreham Wood have replaced Telford on my chart.....we need to better a 2-1 defeat.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee's 20/20 vision.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »

Whats the point in this? Just let the manager get on with his job without nitpicking his every move. He has done a great job with the club and deserves to be given time to see out his plan.

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

He has done a good job but get a dictionary and look up the word great

VofD

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 07:55:46 PM »

Match 12 and still not a clean sheet,FFS  >:( >:(

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:12:19 PM »

Whats the point in this?

It's called statistical analysis of the first quarter of the season, comparing it with the manager's stated plan for the season overall and demonstrating that he is falling short of his objective. It's a means of understanding that depite his 'great' performances of previous seasons, there may need to be some adjustment in order to achieve the objective this year. It's better than him being given 'time to see out his plan' whilst watching relagation loom large as he runs out of ability.

'Nitpicking'  would be crticising the performances of his son when we all know what a star he is.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »

Think he'd been on the 'Mad Dog 20/20' when came out that!
Full time and proud of it

VofD

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »

Whats the point in this?

It's called statistical analysis of the first quarter of the season, comparing it with the manager's stated plan for the season overall and demonstrating that he is falling short of his objective. It's a means of understanding that depite his 'great' performances of previous seasons, there may need to be some adjustment in order to achieve the objective this year. It's better than him being given 'time to see out his plan' whilst watching relagation loom large as he runs out of ability.

'Nitpicking'  would be crticising the performances of his son when we all know what a star he is.

Brilliant ;D ;D

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 09:15:27 PM »

Sounds like you've all made up your mind anyway, shall we send for the hangman now?

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 10:11:11 PM »

On the plus side, George Heslop praised Jordan Sinnot for his performance - that's good enough for me!

VofD

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 10:42:33 PM »

On the plus side, George Heslop praised Jordan Sinnot for his performance - that's good enough for me!

and then later, 87 minutes, Sinnott Jnr took a free kick on the edge of the Lincoln box which Flynny, on RR, described as " awful,awful,awful". He is total crap and what else would you expect George to say?

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 10:59:26 PM »

and then later, 87 minutes, Sinnott Jnr took a free kick on the edge of the Lincoln box which Flynny, on RR, described as " awful,awful,awful". He is total crap and what else would you expect George to say?

I expect George to be honest. I did say on the RR forum "I told you Jordan was crap!" but he did have another decent game overall. Apparently the Lincoln commentators were also praising him.

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 09:31:02 AM »

Whats the point in this? Just let the manager get on with his job without nitpicking his every move. He has done a great job with the club and deserves to be given time to see out his plan.
what's his plan?

Does it involve his son?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 11:06:08 AM »

I think you should consider the number of games played against the top half of the table vs the bottom half, only when that evens out can a fair comparison be made
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 11:20:59 AM »

Our record against lower sides is normally much worse I have no problem with us not reaching the 20/20 target as it was a ridiculous thing to expect anyway

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 11:44:04 AM »

Our record against lower sides is normally much worse I have no problem with us not reaching the 20/20 target as it was a ridiculous thing to expect anyway

QED
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee's 20/20 vision.