News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The referee indicates there will be....

Author Topic: The referee indicates there will be....  (Read 1825 times)

taxi Phil

« on: February 01, 2014, 11:17:19 PM »

....just how much added time ?

In the first half, he actually indicated that he was noting the ridiculous time it took to return the ball when it left the pitch (ball boys should be compulsory !). Reevesy received treatment for a head injury. Total time for these incidents 2-3 minutes. Added time 1 minute.

In the second half, there were six substitutions (30 seconds for each ?) which would cater for the 3 added minutes that were given......BUT the officials spent fully two minutes sorting out the penalty that never was (why no red card when Walshaw was clearly shaping to shoot with only the keeper to beat ?) so why was this not also added to make 5 added minutes ?

I thought the referee was generally pretty poor (I seem to say this 80% of the time lately) and ATS won't be able to give us his wisdom if he wasn't there.

markecky

Re: The referee indicates there will be....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »

JTH will confirm but the linesman told him that Walshaw was booked for putting the ball on the spot rather than shaping for the free kick, rather then the melee on the edge of the box.

If that is true it's incredible.

I want to see it again on the highlights to see where the ref points when he blows.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 11:50:30 PM »

Time can be added on for the following reasons:-
1. Attention to and removal of injured players
2. Deliberate time wasting
3 Substitutions - I think that a standard 30 seconds per sub is a myth and not a rule and causes the most questioning of if the correct amount of time is added on.
4. Any other reason at the referee's discretion. Delay in returning the ball to the field of play could fall into this category, as could injury to or change of officials.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:56:26 AM »

the rules laws of the game are a closely guarded secret known only to the inner circle....it's sort of like the magicians code....

I too have heard that the 30 seconds for subs is a myth.

All we know is we are not worthy to question and without the ref it would be impossible for 22 players to stage a football match....

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »

the rules laws of the game are a closely guarded secret known only to the inner circle....it's sort of like the magicians code....

I too have heard that the 30 seconds for subs is a myth.

All we know is we are not worthy to question and without the ref it would be impossible for 22 players to stage a football match....

On this occasion I will defend ATS before his is set up for slaughter.
The above is absolute rubbish.
The problem is the interpretation of the laws by officials in a split second's decision. This is made more difficult by players who cheat.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »

JTH will confirm but the linesman told him that Walshaw was booked for putting the ball on the spot rather than shaping for the free kick, rather then the melee on the edge of the box.

If that is true it's incredible.

I want to see it again on the highlights to see where the ref points when he blows.

I was under the impression that Walshaw was booked for the argy bargy as the linesman started waving when he shouldered their man, ref came over talks goes back and books him, by that time they already lined and placed the ball for the free kick

taxi Phil

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »

The ref definitely pointed to the spot.

bumble

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 11:58:33 AM »

Was outside the box. But ref gave pen

We have to start using set pieces better though
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team