PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL  (Read 13524 times)

Jezza

Re: TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 07:40:36 AM »

I'd love to think that we would take the complete pi$$ out of this tinpot trophy and show just how 'prestigious' we really think it is....we only don't play our youth team in it coz the nasty buggers hold the threat over our heads of not letting us play in the proper FA Cup.

I'd love to see the jumped up big wigs from the Cheshire FA stare out onto empty terraces and an empty directors boss, wondering why we couldn't give a to$$ about their 'big night' as the tannoy announces "...and in goal for Altrincham tonight...Ian Senior before rattling off the names of our uyouth team filling the other places"

And we should put Jenny in charge of team affairs with george as her willing and lovely assistant.

Think of all the times we've been pi$$ed off by the competition taking precedence over league matters yet not counting toward suspensions.

Maybe then they'll f***ing listen to the fans and have it as a pre season competition where it should be.

I don't care if it is Northwich, I don't care it's a final......I personally refuse to take their silly loss making cup seriously anymore.

Maybe Conors should turn up to accept the trophy and then hand it back saying "thanks but no thanks....."

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

Connors isn't eligible as he wasn't on our books at the time of the semi final.
He's also not eligible as he's suspended. The wording is usually 'suspended until the club have played one first team fixture' or whatever. Whatever the rights and wrongs of it, Tuesday doesn't count as a first team fixture, so his FA ban is from now until the end of the FGR game.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bumble

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 09:49:08 AM »

If everyone hates it so much....don't turn up next season and donate your entrance fee + other money you'd have spent to the club (that way ALTY don't lose out....

Surely if we lost the first round...we wouldn't have to play in it..., surely the fa wouldn't be annoyed at own goals...

The Cheshire fa would re-think it if NOBODY - and I mean nobody turned up...for any round Imagine this

R1
Hyde 1-2 Altrincham attendance 0
Runcorn 2-0 Chester attendance 2
Vics 1-0 Alsager attendance 0

That would force them to act! They wouldn't be making any money

timbo13

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 12:13:16 PM »

If everyone hates it so much....don't turn up next season and donate your entrance fee + other money you'd have spent to the club (that way ALTY don't lose out....

Surely if we lost the first round...we wouldn't have to play in it..., surely the fa wouldn't be annoyed at own goals...

The Cheshire fa would re-think it if NOBODY - and I mean nobody turned up...for any round Imagine this

R1
Hyde 1-2 Altrincham attendance 0
Runcorn 2-0 Chester attendance 2
Vics 1-0 Alsager attendance 0

That would force them to act! They wouldn't be making any money

Except they would, because they'd find a way to fine Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 12:44:19 PM »

I only came to the Alsager game because the Club appealed on financial grounds (and to be fair I wouldn't have missed it for the World !) but next season I shall make a donation of the amount of my entrance fee to the bucket collection at the next proper home game.

You can shove Nantwich - but I'm gonna do my damnedest to get to all three of our REAL remaining away games. Forest Green arrangements are in hand, Fleetwood I can do easily in the cab, Grimsby is a Bank Holiday so I can afford not to work if I flog myself stupid on the Sunday. Transport arrangements I'll worry about nearer the day.

FORZA ALTY ! ! ! ! !

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 01:42:21 PM »

I'd love to think that we would take the complete pi$$ out of this tinpot trophy and show just how 'prestigious' we really think it is....we only don't play our youth team in it coz the nasty buggers hold the threat over our heads of not letting us play in the proper FA Cup.
I'd love to see the jumped up big wigs from the Cheshire FA stare out onto empty terraces and an empty directors boss, wondering why we couldn't give a to$$ about their 'big night' as the tannoy announces "...and in goal for Altrincham tonight...Ian Senior before rattling off the names of our uyouth team filling the other places"
And we should put Jenny in charge of team affairs with george as her willing and lovely assistant.
Think of all the times we've been pi$$ed off by the competition taking precedence over league matters yet not counting toward suspensions.
Maybe then they'll f***ing listen to the fans and have it as a pre season competition where it should be.
I don't care if it is Northwich, I don't care it's a final......I personally refuse to take their silly loss making cup seriously anymore.
Maybe Conors should turn up to accept the trophy and then hand it back saying "thanks but no thanks....."

Well said that man. Have a goodwin. Always been a nuisance rather than a welcome break as far I'm concerned.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Longman

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 02:41:21 PM »

Let the Cheshire FA argue with the main FA about whether this is a first team game or a reserve fixture.

Its insane the the main FA that actually matters classes it as a reserve game but the suits at the Cheshire FA are so desperate to cling on to some sort of prestige and think its a first team game.

Lets invent slight niggles for anyone we dont want to play and pick the team we want.

Mystery flu bug anyone??

bumble

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:56 PM »

Let the Cheshire FA argue with the main FA about whether this is a first team game or a reserve fixture.

Its insane the the main FA that actually matters classes it as a reserve game but the suits at the Cheshire FA are so desperate to cling on to some sort of prestige and think its a first team game.
Lets invent slight niggles for anyone we dont want to play and pick the team we want.
Mystery flu bug anyone??

Just tell the fa theyre grounded, and their mums wont let them out to play?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »

I'd quite like us to be in a good position wo win this cup, especiallyas it's Northwich. Yes surviavl is a greater priority but I still have affection for the CSC. If we had a completely clean bill of helath I'd be happy for us to put out a reasonable side. However, with Williams groin, SMith and Reeves hammies and Dale's knock to risk any of them would be suicidal. Apart from that the only other player I'd rest would be Nicky Clee, who must be preserved and taken care of at all costs.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »

I'd quite like us to be in a good position wo win this cup, especiallyas it's Northwich. Yes surviavl is a greater priority but I still have affection for the CSC. If we had a completely clean bill of helath I'd be happy for us to put out a reasonable side. However, with Williams groin, SMith and Reeves hammies and Dale's knock to risk any of them would be suicidal. Apart from that the only other player I'd rest would be Nicky Clee, who must be preserved and taken care of at all costs.

I'm pretty sure Dale is cup tied having turned out for Hyde against us earlier in the competition, and Connors is suspended, and I'm not sure whether Bateson qualifies as I think you need to have been registered when we played the semi final to play in the final.

Apart from recalling Holsgrove and Sonko, five of the youth team were rested in yesterday's Youth team so it looks very much as if it will be something of a patched up team.

Their manager and  assistant manager Messer Preece and Morrison have turned out for the Vics in earlier CSC matches, so perhaps Kenny, Bimmo and Sean Riley will be contemplating getting their boots out for a run out before the Staff v Supporters match at the end of the season ?   ::)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2011, 05:56:33 PM »

In fact ......................

It may even be worth a shout giving this guy a run at full back ................

As can be seen he's very good at muti-tasking i.e. playing football and drinking at the same time !!  ;D  ;D

He may even flog you a golden goal ticket as he overlaps on the wing ?

and as the sign behind him says it all ....

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »

.......... he's also very good at ..............

crouching !! 

..........and can even take long throws.....

Nicky Clee eat yer heart out !!    ;D  ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »

Surely Twiss and Beesley are good enough to score against Evo-Stick Prem sides?

I can only presume that you haven't had the misfortune to watch both of them much this season then....?!

I would remind the learned Gentleman that Nasha is the current holder of 'Alty Fan of The Season'!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 11:45:06 PM »

And that Beesley has already scored against Curzon Ashton.

He'd have got a hat trick 2nd half...

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 12:21:36 AM »

And that Beesley has already scored against Curzon Ashton.

He'd have got a hat trick 2nd half...

Wasn't even that actually an own goal though?

Beesley's header hit the post and was rebounding to safety until it hit the back of the Curzon goalkeeper's head and was diverted into the net....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL