PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL  (Read 13523 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »

I had forgotten this game was on Tuesday and thought oh good we've got a free week before the crunch at FGR, such a pain. I see Vics now get sub 300 league gates, says it all about the importance of staying in the Conference, once you're down it's a slippery slope. All those kids that we registered for Newport need to be involved.

timbo13

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »

All 5 BSPL registered youth teamers benched today

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »

All 5 BSPL registered youth teamers benched today

Looking forward to seeing Kenny, Bimmo & George in the dugout on Tuesday ;D

roytonmike

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »

Only technical problem with having all the youth teamers in the squad is that I doubt Kidd & Langford were registered in February so wouldn't be eligible. Smart, Fearon & Woods have all been in squads for CSC so will be OK. I shall be joining the ranks of those missing on Tuesday - it's just not possible to get back to the north of Manchester by public transport, and in any case Saturday is far more important. 

Butty

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »

How much would the fine be for fielding a 'weaker' team?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »

Only technical problem with having all the youth teamers in the squad is that I doubt Kidd & Langford were registered in February so wouldn't be eligible. Smart, Fearon & Woods have all been in squads for CSC so will be OK. I shall be joining the ranks of those missing on Tuesday - it's just not possible to get back to the north of Manchester by public transport, and in any case Saturday is far more important. 

If my understanding of what George said yesterday is correct, all Youth Team players that were signed on......to play for the Youth Team....on the date of the semi-final, are eligible.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 04:40:27 PM »

How much would the fine be for fielding a 'weaker' team?

It's very vague, it just says upwards of £200.

On a serious note has it been discussed changing our affiliation to the Manchester FA, I seem to remember Droylsden stuck out a youth team for that and certainly didn't try to hide it, if their rules are different it might be something worth looking into.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »

I agree that we should play as many youth teamers as possible and I would really rather us not be in the game this week but hey let's try and enjoy it.

We're playing the Vics and for a lot of fans, including myself, this is the first opportunity to see a competitive game. Let's have a little break from the league struggle and focus on getting some silverware and seeing a Mark Beesley hattrick.

For those not going (should have been at Witton  >:() I am reliably informed that the commentary on Radio Robins will be top notch!  ;D
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

joe

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »

Thank goodness it's an unimportant game.

Come on Phil, FGR is without doubt the biggest game of the season, but this is still the Green Slime in a cup final!!!

Rest those with injuries/knocks (ie Reeves/Clee), but still send out the best we have got.

I disagree Nasha. I'd rest everyone we possibly can,Northwich or not. Saturday is a much more important match.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »

I take it back what I said in regards of send the best out,but I still want to see a line up that I expect to beat Vics.Surely Twiss and Beesley are good enough to score against Evo-Stick Prem sides? Would it be a good game for Williams to get confidence back after a couple of shaky games?
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »

I take it back what I said in regards of send the best out,but I still want to see a line up that I expect to beat Vics.Surely Twiss and Beesley are good enough to score against Evo-Stick Prem sides? Would it be a good game for Williams to get confidence back after a couple of shaky games?
Baynes, Twiss, and Beesley should be made to play whether they like it or not. Williams is still apparently feeling his injury, so I wouldn't want to risk him.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »

Surely Twiss and Beesley are good enough to score against Evo-Stick Prem sides?

I can only presume that you haven't had the misfortune to watch both of them much this season then....?!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:32 PM »

Surely Twiss and Beesley are good enough to score against Evo-Stick Prem sides?

I can only presume that you haven't had the misfortune to watch both of them much this season then....?!

Beesley would look half decent at Flixton. Twiss should just quit if he can't get that layer of lard off.

Jenga

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »

Dootson
Joseph   Bateson                                                            Williams  Youth Player                                                                Piergianni  Youth Player                                    Brown
 Baynes                                                              Lawton    Connors                                                                     Danylyk                                          CleeSmart
                                                                          Reeves Beesley                                                     Twiss

Bateson for Joesph
Presume Connors will not be suspended for this so he can replace Lawton

Assume Danylyk is suspended for FGR but not for CSC Final

Now then all we need to replace now is Williams and Piergianni with youth players.

Then we are fielding mainly first team squad so cant get into trouble.

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30:19 AM »

Connors isn't eligible as he wasn't on our books at the time of the semi final.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TEAM FOR TUESDAY'S CSC FINAL