PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Denham = genius
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Denham = genius  (Read 4709 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Denham = genius
« on: September 26, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »

What a difference Denham makes, he covers the ground of two forwards. We need to keep him fit otherwise we will struggle. Again not at all impressed with McCarthy, he has not got a centre forwards football brain and has no strength what so ever, time he is dropped. We need a strong forward who can hold the ball up and lay it off to the likes of Denham, oh we did have one of those a few weeks back. Densmore is having a great season but we need him at RW back and we Doughty back fit. Grimsby were not a good team and I would have liked to see our wing backs making more ground down the channels because at times we are too central. When Densmore and Doughty play that position they cover the ground very well. We need a centre back ASAP, even before a striker and I still would have Col Little on the bench. Hewson looks a good player, strong and gets into the box, we need to fit him into the team so I would put Densmore back to wing back even though he has been quality. I think we won’t have a choice because Welch is injured anyhow, I still sh*t it when Joseph is anywhere near the ball, he is full of errors. Great to see determination and spirit back in the team. I do not think anyone else should take this job except McKenna !!! onwards and upwards, still getting adrenaline rushes from the goals yesterday, Denham’s was pure class, what a legend !!!

The Undertaker

Re: Denham = genius
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »

i totally agree, Denham is a touch of class and works so hard, James is not the standard of player we need and should be dropped.

lukealty12

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »

I have to disagree with the mcarthy bit i thought for the first hour he was very good.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »

The only player giving Chris denham the ball at his feet was James Mcarthy....as he did for the first goal....or perhaps you did not notice James doing exactly what you said we needed there Mr Needham?..holding it up against a defender and then slotting a perfect pass to Chris.

Jimmy looks a tad lightweight and was clearly knackered after 60 minutes....but he shows some very classy touches and made some very good tackles as well......but when there are people knocking you, why bother?

We need to keep the good spirit momentum up, we don't need stupid statements like time he is dropped made against a young man who shows an awful lot of promise.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »

Haven't we already had the Chris Denham bumming parade  :D

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »

Again not at all impressed with McCarthy, he has not got a centre forwards football brain and has no strength what so ever, time he is dropped. We need a strong forward who can hold the ball up and lay it off to the likes of Denham, oh we did have one of those a few weeks back.

This is why football is great,it's full of opinions. I think, although McCarthy didn't have his best game yesterday,he does have the potential to be a better player than Johnson. He certainly has the right attitude, as he has put 100% effort in every game. His ball through to Denham for the goal was brilliant, and he chases lost causes, incase the defender messes up. Getting him upto Conference standard fitness, and I think with his shooting it's a confidence thing. If he gets 1, I think he will go on to get 10.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

andrewflynn

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 04:42:09 PM »

We've had a lot worse strikers than Jimmy, I think he's okay.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 05:29:25 PM »

A vote of confidence from me for Jimmy.

As for Denham he is class.

Just cant wait until we Clee back on the left.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 05:38:41 PM »

On Denham, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXKjFW2QS74&feature=related Few more of them this season Chris :)

finnquark

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »

First time I have seen him play, but to me McCarthy looked pretty good. He showed some nice touches when holding the ball up, and especially when laying the ball off to midfield runners in the first half. Also, importantly, he ran himself into the ground. I thought he deserved the chant when he was subbed.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »

The fact that Lawton went to right back/wing back and not Densmore speaks volumes.  K M thinks midfield is Densmore best position, I agree. Would love to get a quality right back/wing back in on loan.

McCarthy's still not match fit but he's made a massive jump in standard and been thrown in at the deep end. I think he''ll come good, it just might take a while.

I reckon there will be at least 3 new faces coming in on loans, how many get shipped/loaned out I've no idea.

Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »

The criticism that Jimmy is getting is not unlike the stuff that Nicky Clee was subjected to this time last year. And now HE'S a key member of the squad. In the same way I backed Nicky, I'm going to back Jimmy. He's made a big step up to this League, and I think I can see enough in his make-up to encourage positive thoughts. I believe that once he breaks his duck - and it won't be too long IMHO - he'll start scoring on a regular basis.

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »

This is why football is great,it's full of opinions. I think, although McCarthy didn't have his best game yesterday,he does have the potential to be a better player than Johnson. He certainly has the right attitude, as he has put 100% effort in every game. His ball through to Denham for the goal was brilliant, and he chases lost causes, incase the defender messes up. Getting him upto Conference standard fitness, and I think with his shooting it's a confidence thing. If he gets 1, I think he will go on to get 10.

Absolutely agree Nasha, he has a great attitude and potential, once he gets up to full match fitness I think he will be a force to be reckoned with. That pass for Denham was superb.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 09:27:49 PM »

Again not at all impressed with McCarthy, he has not got a centre forwards football brain and has no strength what so ever, time he is dropped. We need a strong forward who can hold the ball up and lay it off to the likes of Denham, oh we did have one of those a few weeks back.

Agreed confidence and fitness are the issues with him and under the new positive manager i feel he has plenty of room to get better.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »

Denham was full of energy and endeavour on Tuesday - sounds like yesterday was more of the same.

I feel Jimmy Mc shows a lot of promise and the comments from yesterdays match suggest - as I think - he needs to build up his fitness & strength
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Denham = genius