https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dale  (Read 13652 times)

fuertes

Re: Dale
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 11:55:30 PM »

Always quite liked Dale, one of the few players in the squad I felt could do the business against anyone on his day. Unfortunately for everyone, his day didn't come often enough.

I'm not that arsed he's gone, but wish him no ill will. I'm sure he and Bottler Brownhill will make the most of the extra £50 a week. It's a free country, after all.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 12:57:08 AM »

Is it a done deal with Pacey ?...........are we sure ?

If it is a done deal then it is no surprise. We all know that Droylsden always assemble a full team of players who prefer (or to be fair may need) the extra £30 a week in wages regardless of the level the player is capable of playing at.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jacko

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »

Can't we ever just say, good luck at your new club, he doesn't owe us anything and he's done his fair time here a lot of it on the bench
:D
Ok then, how does this suit you- I am devastated to hear the news that our 25 goal a season League 1 standard player has left to join a club which can offer him a much higher standard of football with a place in the starting XI guarenteed every match.
  :D

Jacko

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »

If the guys been offered a decent signing on fee too that may of swayed him, mouths to feed etc

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »

I've just heard that he's signed for Bamber Bridge for an extra quid a week and a Curly Wurly.

Who said that the lad has no ambition..??

Jenga

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 12:51:39 PM »

Playing devils advocate here, maybe he didnt like the style of Lee Sinnot, or his assistant or whatever.

The reason for him deciding on Droylsden could purely be conflicts in personalility.

Alty is not everything to all men, unfortunately.

fuertes

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 01:16:16 PM »

Playing devils advocate here, maybe he didnt like the style of Lee Sinnot, or his assistant or whatever.

The reason for him deciding on Droylsden could purely be conflicts in personalility.

And with a young daughter a few extra quid might make a big difference. You're right, his motivation for leaving might be entirely reasonable. It's just that on the face of it it seems a very strange decision.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 03:59:03 PM »

If he prefers Pacey then we're well shot!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 04:19:03 PM »

The style of Lee Sinnott that cames across in interviews about wanting to win things and do the hard yards to get promoted rather than roll over at Blyth?

Jenga

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 05:37:41 PM »

The style of Lee Sinnott that cames across in interviews about wanting to win things and do the hard yards to get promoted rather than roll over at Blyth?

It does not matter what we think, it is what Dale thinks. As I say he might not like Lee or his style or what he wears, but we cant judge a player without knowing the TRUE reason.

Butty

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 05:47:04 PM »

It does not matter what we think, it is what Dale thinks. As I say he might not like Lee or his style or what he wears, but we cant judge a player without knowing the TRUE reason.

The image is starting to build on his footballing CV though- only 26 and he has played for Woodley, Hyde (twice), Altrincham (twice) and now apparently Droylesden (this would be his 2nd time there as well)

Toppers

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 06:04:38 PM »

he's been given 3k up front by droylsden

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »

No you're right I was just saying that he hasn't had any coaching yet by Sinnott, so hard for him to dislike his style. However, his statement may have provided a culture shock for someone likes Dale who can, well lets say he drifts at times.

It would be sad if he did go back to Droylsden, in my heart I'd like him to wake up and smell the coffee but I don't think he will. Difficult to get your head round really.

Anyway...

Jenga

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 08:41:41 AM »

Ballers, I certainly agree that Dale wont have seen Lees style of training etc.

Could be like a job interview, you go like the job and want to take it but didnt click with the interviewer.

I just wish he had signed for us, he will be a handful in BSN.

RocketDan

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »

he's been given 3k up front by droylsden

Fair enough, I wouldn't blame anyone in our squad for walking away to take a 3k pay off on top of increased wages. I'm sure if people on here were offered 3k signing on fee to join a rival company, you would take it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Dale