* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow

Author Topic: Barrow  (Read 1511 times)

Altyant

Barrow
« on: December 05, 2008, 07:39:30 PM »

Will be quite early for the game on Tuesday night, as my mate is driving up/. We've never been to Holker Street before. For those who have, are there any decent boozers for a pint (not for my mate obviously!!) and some decent grub?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Barrow
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 10:10:14 PM »

Will be quite early for the game on Tuesday night, as my mate is driving up/. We've never been to Holker Street before. For those who have, are there any decent boozers for a pint (not for my mate obviously!!) and some decent grub?
If you are happy to stop half an hour before Barrow, The Anglers Arms at Haverthwaite is quite good......or certainly used to be.Haverthwaite is just beyond Newby Bridge.You can see the pub easily from the main road on the left hand side & I think that it is virtually opposite the Steam Railway station.It is a few years since I have been in but there used to be an intriguing toy monkey on the bar whose eyes lit up every now & again.........it was a bit like Gary Warrington following a dodgy refereeing decision :o

No mention of this creature on the website though :-\....www.anglersarmshaverthwaite.co.uk

Altyant

Re: Barrow
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:50:25 PM »

Cheers Flynny :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barrow