News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is it going pear shaped at vics

Author Topic: Is it going pear shaped at vics  (Read 2913 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 01, 2007, 10:41:48 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Connett meets Redfearn for showdown talks
Exclusive By Andrew Simpson
Comment | Read Comments (1)
MIKE Connett spoke to Neil Redfearn tonight about his future at Northwich Victoria.

A visibly crestfallen Redfearn was whisked away from Throstle Nest by his boss without speaking to the press following his side's disastrous 2-1 defeat to Farsley Celtic.

He barely even had time to speak to his underachieving players.

advertisementConnett, clearly furious at the final whistle, waited for Redfearn at the tunnel entrance before the pair left the ground together.

The Guardian has learned that his instinct is to keep faith with Redfearn, who has struggled to find a winning formula this season.

But Vics now lie penultimate bottom, tied with Stafford Rangers, with one point.

Vics slumped to their fifth defeat in six matches this afternoon.

Simeon Bambrook and sub Tris Whitman both scored for Farsley inside the last five minutes to sink the visitors, who had led since midway through the first half when Paul Tait headed home Mark Birch's cross.

But Vics, watched by more than 100 travelling fans plus new boys Carl Furlong and James Scales, were unrecognisable after the break.

They are due to host Nigel Clough's high flying Burton Albion at the Victoria Stadium on Tuesday, kick off 7.45pm.

@AltyDaz

Altysmiffy

Re: Is it going pear shaped at vics
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 09:47:08 AM »

The Guardian has learned that his instinct is to keep faith with Redfearn, who has struggled to find a winning formula this season.

That'll be why he bought Furlong then.

Altrincham Seadog

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:59:25 AM »

It's bound to go pear-shaped with relegation Redfearn in charge.  He had absolutely no clue at Scarborough.  He took Boro down to add to his tally of relegated clubs including Barnsley, Charlton and Halifax.  Northwich are next unless they wise up quickly and offload him.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:04:33 AM »

Lets hope they dont offload him then!!! ;) :D ;)

Altyant

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 06:38:04 PM »

Anyone know exactly how many relegations he has to his name?!!

Rhino

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:49:42 AM »

Pear shaped indeed. With the transfer window well and truly shut, we are totally doomed. I know we are only 6 games in, but any team doing there homework will know that if they throw the kitchen sink at us, they will score about 5 or 6 without any doubt.

3 other teams to follow, will it be you as well??? Did you deserve something from Saturday?

moousee

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »

I think our quota of luck has yet to kick in Rhino. On saturday we were desperately unlucky, in both chances that went awray, and the standard of the officials. If the way that we played was anything to go by, then we won't be following you down. Redfearn is a TERRIBLE manager, who was always more interested in getting himself on the pitch and being a hero than actually sorting his team....

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:18:48 AM »

The solution to the problems at Vics is simple. Mr. Connett get down on bended knee and beg Steve Burr to come back. I doubt he'd return, but it's got to be worth a try.

Rhino

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 11:45:44 AM »

Steve Burr would only return if Connett leaves. Even so, I think even SB would struggle with our current crop of players. Burton at home and Aldershot away...........lucky to get 0 points from those games!

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »

Burton have an injury crisis and Aldershot didn't look so hot on Saturday - you never know. This is football. I'd imagine that a full on apology and an extra couple of quid would entice Steve Burr back - a man who knows non league football like the back of his hand.

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »

Far be it from me to give any advice to the green and white slime that oozes from the devils dung heap but...they they should have stuck with Burr.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 02:11:36 AM »

I am guessing so apologise if I am way off the mark, but didn't the Chairman Mr Connett allow all the best players to leave over the summer and join other BSP clubs.
I suspect that the money received was not made available to Neil Refearn and he is now operating at a financial level somwhere closer to our own (maybe still much higher, but a lot lower than last seasons budget)

Maybe John Bond will be called back into action from his SAGA holiday quicker than he expected !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team