PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Town thieves at it again
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kettering Town thieves at it again  (Read 4249 times)

fuertes

Re: Kettering Town thieves at it again
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »

Why are we bothered about what a crap club like Kettering charge their fans for a cup game? I am sure no Alty fans will be going.

It's just sad to see what has happened/is happening to football in general. It's even filtering through to Non-League at crap clubs like Kettering Town.

A Chief Executive at a Premiership club recently admitted his remit was to squeeze as much money as he possibly could out of his club's loyal supporters. He also explained that all other Premier League clubs do the same. Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and even Portsmouth are charging astronomical ticket prices. Okay Chelsea is a wealthy area, but they've always had plenty of working class supporters in areas like Hammersmith. How are they supposed to go? I really don't know how the average Joe in Islington or Portsmouth coughs up for their team's games.

For Kettering to be getting TV money, plus a guaranteed full house at normal prices, they absolutely should not be squeezing an extra £10 per head out of everyone. I really, really wish the fans would boycott this game, but it's their biggest ever and they clearly won't...

Longman

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 10:18:10 AM »

Why are we bothered about what a crap club like Kettering charge their fans for a cup game? I am sure no Alty fans will be going.

It's just sad to see what has happened/is happening to football in general. It's even filtering through to Non-League at crap clubs like Kettering Town.

A Chief Executive at a Premiership club recently admitted his remit was to squeeze as much money as he possibly could out of his club's loyal supporters. He also explained that all other Premier League clubs do the same. Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and even Portsmouth are charging astronomical ticket prices. Okay Chelsea is a wealthy area, but they've always had plenty of working class supporters in areas like Hammersmith. How are they supposed to go? I really don't know how the average Joe in Islington or Portsmouth coughs up for their team's games.

For Kettering to be getting TV money, plus a guaranteed full house at normal prices, they absolutely should not be squeezing an extra £10 per head out of everyone. I really, really wish the fans would boycott this game, but it's their biggest ever and they clearly won't...

It's blatant exploitation of the clubs' loyal fans.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »

Was he being ironic in this article!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kettering_town/8352075.stm

Yes I enjoyed that too, the article that appeared the day before the prices were announced. Good job he was trying to keep the prices as fair as possible. I'd hate to think what it had cost if he'd been an unscrupulous, gambling, fly by night rip off merchant.  ;)

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2009, 04:53:25 PM »

It is up to the fans to boycott the game. If they allow this to happen they will be ripped off again.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering Town thieves at it again