PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Paul Jones signs
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Paul Jones signs  (Read 7154 times)

Richard(Barrow)

Re: Paul Jones signs
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »

I hope you will look after him. You have a gem there, not just as a player but Jonah is a lovely bloke too as I am sure you will soon find out.

He will certainly do a good job for you in BSN. He left us following an alleged fall out with the gaffers and a desire to spend more time on his property development business, but being part time and without the travelling of BSP he will be able to fit more in.

Good luck to Jonah and yourselves for the new season.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »

I hope you will look after him. You have a gem there, not just as a player but Jonah is a lovely bloke too as I am sure you will soon find out.

He will certainly do a good job for you in BSN. He left us following an alleged fall out with the gaffers and a desire to spend more time on his property development business, but being part time and without the travelling of BSP he will be able to fit more in.

Thanks for these kind comments. Good luck to you guys too, hope to see you next year in BSP!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »

Wow!

No signing got this sort of reception last season, which is really pleasing to hear now.

Welcome to Moss Lane Paul and good luck in the red n white shirt!

Also a question of respect. We've seen Paul Jones before for Barrow, been very solid and carried himself well. Don't know the man obviously but amazingly well thought of and respected by Barrow fans. I remember his farewell note to them on the forum, very well written with the same feelings for them and the club and what they represented..

In essence, I think I and a number of others see a bit of old school in him that our club and team will be all the better for, but also he's a good solid (grey) head that is suited to what we need in this league. Played well yesterday and was organising when I saw him against Burnley but I expected that.

I've been quite impressed by Flynn too  (Lees and Lynch played well yesterday too incidentally). In short, and this isn't an opportunity to have apop at any of last seasons players but in the BSN (and prob the BSP actually) to be going in with a base of Jones and Flynn rather than Williams and Joseph... well it's less heart stopping and nervous shall we say.
[/b]

Very fair point that, and I was someone who did support them last year quite a bit, I did say I would be impressed if Lee found some better CH's and I think he has done that now  8)

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »

Thanks for these kind comments. Good luck to you guys too, hope to see you next year in BSP!
Hello, hello, hello,
Oh we DO want to go to Barr-ow !
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Paul Jones signs