PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty vs Macc
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty vs Macc  (Read 6574 times)

Silkyman23

Re: Alty vs Macc
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 12:12:55 AM »

To be fair to Macc, I'm amazed that the milkmen have lasted in the league for 15 years on their gates and with their lack of cash. Considering some of the clubs much much bigger than them who've been relegated in the recent past. Still, only two down in a 24 team league does help, if that was the case we would have managed to stay up quite comfortably last season, odd thought that.

Fewer relegation places doesn't hurt, but we finished well clear the last few years.

I think we've only finished in the bottom four a couple of times, and remember we had to fight against only one up to get here in the first place! (Rochdale robbing you lot being a tale of slightly more hardship...)

Dale fans are actually proud of their corrupt re election history.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »

I felt Macc would survive last season from the attitude of their fans at the pre seasob friendly. They thought they had a good side and manager from the ones I spoke to, I didn't particularly think they did but as we've written about elsewhere here mindset is key.

I think they've been helped by the fact that there always seems to be at least one or two financial basket cases or points deducted teams down there as well.

Silkyman23

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »

I don't think we've benefitted that much from the financial implosions of other clubs. Even when Rotherham, Luton and Bournemouth had deductions we managed to finish above two clubs without any deduction.

Last season we were well clear. It's not lke we've had to go to an AGM to survive!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 10:09:13 AM »

I don't think we've benefitted that much from the financial implosions of other clubs. Even when Rotherham, Luton and Bournemouth had deductions we managed to finish above two clubs without any deduction.

Last season we were well clear. It's not lke we've had to go to an AGM to survive!

Wasn't much pressure on you though that season is the point I was making.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty vs Macc