PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Midfield  (Read 4140 times)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Midfield
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »

Robbie Lawton is worth his place in the side as a central midfielder, he was very influential for us last season and was our only player who could mix it physically. His contribution, although not his effort, is somewhat diminished when played out on the right wing though.

Ballers,

Lawton really does need to cut out all those unnecessary yellow cards though.

Wasn't it a ridiculous final tally of 10 bookings last season?

You're the stats man (glad to see you're well by the way), I suggest you check the file 'unnecessary bookings' - it will be lumped in there alongside Densmore, Danylyk, Smith and Coburn!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 11:04:07 PM »

Robbie Lawton is worth his place in the side as a central midfielder, he was very influential for us last season and was our only player who could mix it physically. His contribution, although not his effort, is somewhat diminished when played out on the right wing though.

Ballers,

Crikey was it 10 !..........and hardly a bad challenge all season - I wonder how many were for dissent when the ball was not even 'in play' ?

In his defence, he does play with his heart on his sleeve and when he feels the match officials are inconsistent, then they get the blast.........
I agree though he needs to work on this next season, but habits like this are hard to change. Cannot see him getting less than 5, so a suspension is always on the cards, needs to avoid the second two match suspension though
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:47 AM »

Ballers,

Crikey was it 10 !..........and hardly a bad challenge all season - I wonder how many were for dissent when the ball was not even 'in play' ?

In his defence, he does play with his heart on his sleeve and when he feels the match officials are inconsistent, then they get the blast.........
I agree though he needs to work on this next season, but habits like this are hard to change. Cannot see him getting less than 5, so a suspension is always on the cards, needs to avoid the second two match suspension though

The one against Salisbury away was very poor.

Gave away a free kick in their left full-back position in the 88th minute wasn't happy about the decision so then stuck a foot out to stop the ball when their keeper tried to take a quick kick. The stupid part about it is that the ref had just booked one of their guys for doing the same thing resulting in a sending off (2nd card). So he must have known what the ref would do. And we were 2-0 up against 9 men at that point with 2 mins to go. No need to do it.
I totally agree that we need a 'robust' player like Robbie in the midfield and I love the passion but surely the captain needs to have a cooler head.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Midfield