News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McManus

Author Topic: McManus  (Read 1785 times)

baldrick

McManus
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:56:41 AM »

What's going on here?

From the official site
The Welsh Premier site reports that an Alty trialist this summer was playing in Wales yesterday. "Trialist Paul McManus struck the winner as Airbus UK Broughton beat Unibond League outfit Kidsgrove Athletic 2-1 at The Airfield... The second-half introduction of lively former Chester City youth McManus, who spent time at Bangor City last season, added some impetus to the Wingmakers' attack and he grabbed the winner with a well-taken strike from another Cook delivery".

markecky

Re: McManus
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »

Just seems like he is doing all he can to secure a club for next year?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »

I wonder if the lack of discipline that lead to his sending off may have gone against him.

Also Heff's good form may have given him 1st dibs at the sub forward line/wing role.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:38:39 AM »

I wonder if the lack of discipline that lead to his sending off may have gone against him.

That would be my take on things. He had a handful of games to prove himself here, but getting a red card in a friendly doesn't really create the best impression.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »

Looks like the Welsh Prem is his preferred option - Playing for Airbus after a spell at Banger last year - shame reallyas he would have made a good squad forward addition I feel.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 12:07:16 AM »

That would be my take on things. He had a handful of games to prove himself here, but getting a red card in a friendly doesn't really create the best impression.

Anyone else remember seeing John King sent off in a friendly at Witton Albion....?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 McManus