News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Passing comment...

Author Topic: Passing comment...  (Read 2908 times)

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Passing comment...
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »

I accept that Lee is an advocate of the passing game, a style that is pleasing to watch when used effectively, however, given the conditions tonight and the amount of needlessly kicked away possession, why was the call not made to try and push/punt the ball forward rather than pass it laterally, a route that only encouraged 'fax onto us?  Frustrated is too meek a word after watching tonight's performance.

Jimmy

Re: Passing comment...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 11:18:48 PM »

Didn't go tonight won't comment on that but this season we have been fairly direct

dunhamalty

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 11:38:48 PM »

You cannot go long when you are playing with Reeves and Lawrie up top. If Rankine was fit he would have started or come on and we could have gone longer

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 11:50:31 PM »

It's the time we spend trying to pass the ball across the field in front of our box that I find maddening.  It draws the opposition upfield, places pressure on us around our box, frequently sees us descend into panic mode, the result of which is us handing the ball back to them.  Simply put…….we're not very good at it, why do we insist on playing as if we are?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 12:41:05 AM »

We seem to make just as many passes around the outside of the opposition box.........nobody wanting to shoot >:(

That said when we do shoot it rarely draws a save from the keeper......usually over or wide

I am very frustrated after tonight so may be 'shooting from the hip' here.........but we really need to work on our set-pieces, corners and free kicks
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 12:55:41 AM »

We seem to make just as many passes around the outside of the opposition box.........nobody wanting to shoot >:(

That said when we do shoot it rarely draws a save from the keeper......usually over or wide

I am very frustrated after tonight so may be 'shooting from the hip' here.........but we really need to work on our set-pieces, corners and free kicks

Totally agree. We must take the worst corner kicks of any team in this league.

VofD

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:31:59 AM »

a la Densmore >:(
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Passing comment...