News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flynny easily wins yesterday's 'Heckle Of The Day' Award

Author Topic: Flynny easily wins yesterday's 'Heckle Of The Day' Award  (Read 1697 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:19:17 AM »

Father Flynn was in a rich seam of form at Moss Lane yesterday, popping out from his seat in the press box at regular intervals in order to launch some verbal Exocets at the Mansfield timewasters.

Whilst I did enjoy the comparison of the lumbering Perry to "a big lump of lard" as he was substituted and the sarcasm-drenched cries of "Quality, linesman, quality!" as the utterly abject official patrolling the line alongside the main stand yet again raised his flag five minutes after he should have done to indicate a blatant offside decision, my favourite of the day came when the full-time visitors were yet again panicking against part-time Alty's nine men:

"Come on Alty - Mansfield can't cope with our 3-2-3 formation!"

Quality, Mister Flynn, quality.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Flynny easily wins yesterday's 'Heckle Of The Day' Award
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

the sarcasm-drenched cries of "Quality, linesman, quality!" as the utterly abject official patrolling the line alongside the main stand yet again raised his flag five minutes after he should have done to indicate a blatant offside decision,
[/quote]

Sadly Mr Cult, and to the enormous irritation of Assistants up and down the land the instruction we are given from Parks to Premiership is to wait, wait and then wait again until the player, who was about half a mile offside when the ball was played, becomes 'active'

It is apparently preferable to be late and right than to flag early and deny what might have been a perfectly valid goal.

Assistants ARE deducted marks for flagging too soon.

Not a defence of anyone by the way just a plea for some understanding ?

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »

I would like to see the report on the referee and his officials from yesterday?
very poor indeed

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »

I would like to see the report on the referee and his officials from yesterday?
very poor indeed

It would probably read something like "They were sh*t... Must try harder"

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

the sarcasm-drenched cries of "Quality, linesman, quality!" as the utterly abject official patrolling the line alongside the main stand yet again raised his flag five minutes after he should have done to indicate a blatant offside decision,

Sadly Mr Cult, and to the enormous irritation of Assistants up and down the land the instruction we are given from Parks to Premiership is to wait, wait and then wait again until the player, who was about half a mile offside when the ball was played, becomes 'active'

It is apparently preferable to be late and right than to flag early and deny what might have been a perfectly valid goal.

Assistants ARE deducted marks for flagging too soon.

Not a defence of anyone by the way just a plea for some understanding ?
[/quote]

ATS,

I'm sorry....but that just looks like a convenient excuse for those officials who are incapable of making a prompt and correct decision.

The assistant referee who adjudged (quite correctly in my view) that Robbie Williams was offside when he 'scored' at the Golf Road End late in the game raised his flag instantly as the big man was heading the ball, hence the reason I didn't leap out of my seat in euphoria.

Why did he not wait five minutes before making his decision like his counterpart?

The assistant referee who worked the Main Stand was simply clueless.

I know that you tend to borrow Arsene Wenger's myopic spectacles when it comes to assessing match officials....but surely even you must acknowledge that the profession does have its share of duffers?

Oh, and I am not using the referee as an excuse for our defeat yesterday.

Our wounds were self-inflicted as regards the red cards.

Senior should be ashamed at the way his puerile behaviour let his teammates down.
I trust that he will receive an appropriate disciplinary fine from the club?
Four bookings and a red card already this season from him is totally unacceptable.

And could somebody please have a word with Chris Denham regarding his embarrassing histrionics at times?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 03:55:23 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »

Why did he not wait five minutes before making his decision like his counterpart?

he broke the officials rules by getting it right and should be fired immediatly.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team