News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whats wrong with these people?

Author Topic: Whats wrong with these people?  (Read 4628 times)

markecky

« on: November 22, 2011, 11:16:24 PM »

"Histon's new chief executive Gordon Boateng believes that the side can achieve Football League status in the future. The Stutes currently occupy 16th place in the league standings after 18 games, but that hasn't stopped Boateng from announcing his ambitious vision for the club.

He told Cambridge News, 'From our perspective this year is about stabilisation and we're looking for a mid-table finish. We're going to plan to push again to get back into the (Blue Square Bet) Premier and establish ourselves there and then one day look to get into the Football League because that's where the club has always wanted to be. There's a great opportunity to do it with young players providing we can do it within the infrastructure. We've got a good manager in place in David Livermore, and everybody is working together and singing from the same hymn sheet. But we've got to make it sustainable and make sure things are done the right way. It's a great club and we've got all the foundations you need'. "

You get 300 at home, the majority of whom are children from connected junior teams.  You're not going to get in the football league ever.

York Alty

Re: Whats wrong with these people?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »

can't fault him for optimism.

on the reality front however his is utterly fecking deluded. 

have to assume it's a bit of stuff and nonsense to keep the fan happy.

mikealty

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:02 PM »

As my Dad would say "He's not a full shilling". Teams like that just can't get into the Football League, as cruel as it seems to say they just can't. I'm sure their ten fans know that no matter how hard they try that they will simply never have the resources, fanbase or financial stature to ever stay in the Football League, Conference Premier strugglers is all they'll ever be at most I'd say.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 12:08:50 AM »

Never trust anyone who uses the cliche: "Singing from the same hymn sheet."

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:13:54 AM »

As my Dad would say "He's not a full shilling". Teams like that just can't get into the Football League, as cruel as it seems to say they just can't. I'm sure their ten fans know that no matter how hard they try that they will simply never have the resources, fanbase or financial stature to ever stay in the Football League, Conference Premier strugglers is all they'll ever be at most I'd say.
Four years ago, you'd have said the same about Crawley. But then, this is Histon, so I'm with you really.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 04:24:54 AM »

Never trust anyone who uses the cliche: "Singing from the same hymn sheet."

You're right Cult - he needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »

Four years ago, you'd have said the same about Crawley. But then, this is Histon, so I'm with you really.

Crawley do have quite a big cathcment area though Phil. And the season they were promoted to the conference and first season there they had very healthy home crowds, long before the money men came in. Don't confuse clubs that can with a little bit of effort, Macc, burton, Alty etc with Histon

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »

Crawley do have quite a big cathcment area though Phil. And the season they were promoted to the conference and first season there they had very healthy home crowds, long before the money men came in. Don't confuse clubs that can with a little bit of effort, Macc, burton, Alty etc with Histon

spot on Ballers - don't forget Up until 2000 Histon were basically playing  NorthWest Counties level. They are and always have been a tiny club with a tiny fanbase.

To put it into perspective - Altrincham FC is to Manchester United, as Histon is to Cambridge United.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 07:42:12 PM »

To put it into perspective - Altrincham FC is to Manchester United, as Histon is to Cambridge United.

VERSUS

The U's win hands down!!!

whopper

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 08:07:11 PM »

so can we class hidton as tinpot ;)

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 08:32:32 PM »

Boateng , ghanain, see if you can sell him the flag for 200,000!!!! or get him to come to us because we have a ghanaian fan base of at least two.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 10:06:37 PM »

If he wants to get involved with a club with football league potential and do what Gareth Baldwin did.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team