PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sundays Cup Tie
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sundays Cup Tie  (Read 7555 times)

62vintage

Sundays Cup Tie
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »

I think we will take 300-400 supporters to Bury next weekend and most of them will be passionate in their support for the team. If the players match this I think we will win but if they play like they did yesterday then I think our season will be effectively over.Yesterday our team selection and tactics  seemed to be  geared to stopping the opposition from scoring.Plan A lasted about 2 minutes and then we looked clueless for the rest of the half. Passes went astray and certain players seemed more intent to moan at rather than encourage their team mates.
The second half improved slightly and with the introduction of Lawrie, Clee and Williams we were able to put them under some pressure.
Does anybody know whether Lawrie and Williams are allowed to play next week?
At the moment I do not think we are good enough to make the playoffs so a win at FCUM is vital to our season. Win and perhaps we can push on and improve, lose and it will be a long time until next season.   

roytonmike

Re: Sundays Cup Tie
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »

Will be interesting to see what Telford say about Lawrie & Williams' availability; they will both be back with their parent club by the time the BSBP clubs enter (Round One - Dec 10). My hunch is that Telford might well want to keep Lawrie eligible for themselves while I suspect Williams might be allowed to play for us  - but that's only a hunch and no doubt we'll find out later this week.

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »

I've a suspicion that Telford may actually release Williams. The question is, do we want to sign him ? And would he want to come back anyway ?

markecky

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:17:11 PM »

I've a suspicion that Telford may actually release Williams. The question is, do we want to sign him ? And would he want to come back anyway ?

Do we f**k!

I believe he has a two year contract there so they will have to make him a settlement.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:20:02 AM »

Do we f**k!
I believe he has a two year contract there so they will have to make him a settlement.

I'll Second that

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »

Do we f**k!

A two year contract ? ? ? Shades of Twissy  :D

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »

Give the lad Williams a bit of a break.. Karl Munroe had pelnty of difficult games far worsr than Robbie... he needs to get his confidence back and he needs a bit of direction from his partner in the cente.. keep knocking him and he'll not pick up, even though he's only got a couple of weeks left on loan, give him a break guys.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »

Just a thought:

How many consecutive games have we played this season with the same centre back pairing? It seems to change almost every week. You can't throw two centre backs together and just expect them to develop a telepathic understanding at the drop of a hat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend anyone who has played poorly (in some cases apparently consistently) but it's worth considering that players often need time to develop partnerships and gel together.

Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »

Just a thought:

How many consecutive games have we played this season with the same centre back pairing? It seems to change almost every week. You can't throw two centre backs together and just expect them to develop a telepathic understanding at the drop of a hat. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend anyone who has played poorly (in some cases apparently consistently) but it's worth considering that players often need time to develop partnerships and gel together.

It does take time for CB pairings to get to understand each other - However that doesnt take into consideration the lack of pace, tactical awareness and in some cases the basic ability to  distribute  the ball once you have it.

roytonmike

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 11:32:03 AM »

Just a thought:
How many consecutive games have we played this season with the same centre back pairing?
Answer - Jones & Flynn 3 consecutive; Jones & Lees 4 consecutive; Williams & Lees 5 consecutive; Williams & Flynn 4 consecutive (5 if you discount the Senior Cup-tie v Stockport [Williams & Lees]); Lees & Flynn 1 (last Sat).

boltonrobin

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 12:07:24 PM »

Do we f**k!

Don't you think it would be better to do some research before posting information about a player's contract arrangements on the forum. Makes you look really stupid when you don't know what you are talking about :o

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »

Do we f**k!

Don't you think it would be better to do some research before posting information about a player's contract arrangements on the forum. Makes you look really stupid when you don't know what you are talking about :o
Ecky uses the words "I believe" so leaves the matter of Williams's contract open to conjecture. Twiss's contract is a matter of record. If anyone looks stupid on this post, it isn't him or me I'm afraid.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 01:50:08 PM »

Do we f**k!

I'll live with looking really stupid.  I said I believe as thats what I was told, I take it its one year then. Not that arsed to be honest...

joe

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »

As long as he doesnt sign a permanent deal for us againat the end of it i couldnt give a toss how long his contract is! Ive played with better defenders on a Sunday morning!

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 12:56:12 AM »

Do we f**k!

I'll live with looking really stupid.  I said I believe as thats what I was told, I take it its one year then. Not that arsed to be honest...

Probably for the best with that facial hair...  ;)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sundays Cup Tie