News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC match report

Author Topic: BBC match report  (Read 4148 times)

62vintage

BBC match report
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »

This is a copy of the BBC report of todays match.

Marc Joseph's late strike gave league strugglers Altrincham a much-needed point against Gateshead.

After an uneventful first half, midfielder Ashley Winn injected some life into the game with a rasping 25-yard strike to put Gateshead in front.

Altrincham rarely threatened the Tynesiders' defence and they left it late to grab a point.

Midfielder Wes Baynes' corner found Joseph who was on hand to head in his first goal of the season.

From my position at the match I can only assume that the BBC were not there today or anywhere near last weeks game. Where on earth do they get their information from?
A shocking match report.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: BBC match report
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:21:17 PM »

I have just read it and was going to say the same myself.
Well done for getting there before me!!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:15:37 PM »

Marc Joseph's late strike gave league strugglers Altrincham a much-needed point against Gateshead.

After an uneventful first half, midfielder Ashley Winn injected some life into the game with a rasping 25-yard strike to put Gateshead in front.

Altrincham rarely threatened the Tynesiders' defence and they left it late to grab a point.

Midfielder Wes Baynes' corner found Joseph who was on hand to head in his first goal of the season.

From my position at the match I can only assume that the BBC were not there today or anywhere near last weeks game. Where on earth do they get their information from?
A shocking match report.

I'm sure Joseph scored against Wimbledon last weekend.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »

You could ring the BBC and tell them that Jackie Swindells scored today and they would print it... (With the greatest respect to Jackies memory)

I give up reading BBC Reports they are fkn useless...

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 11:23:56 PM »

ESPSports said Josephs scored with his foot?
Harold

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »

ESPSports said Josephs scored with his foot?

He didn't
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

robins1978

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »

From my position at the match I can only assume that the BBC were not there today or anywhere near last weeks game. Where on earth do they get their information from? {ANSWER - Google Earth}
A shocking match report.
The usual nonsense match report at Moss lane by the bbc. I can only assume they get their reports from having someone watch the game from outside the ground. SHOCKING.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:18:00 AM »

In their defence,it was an uneventful 1st half and we didn't create much in the 2nd.if they took the rasping drive out,it would had been s fair report.and with the BBC reports,that is very rare.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 02:19:01 AM »

I believe the BBC get their information from their two roving reporters - Kenny Palin and David Birch.

bumble

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 10:42:21 AM »

I believe the BBC get their information from their two roving reporters - Kenny Palin and David Birch.

Brilliant

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »

If Mr Birch did the report the game would have ended on 60 minutes and we would have lost 5-0
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »

you wicked man!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 BBC match report