PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Game
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tonights Game  (Read 5320 times)

62vintage

Tonights Game
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »

Last Tuesday when I got home I put a post up slagging our team off for what I thought was a shocking performance.
Tonight was totally different. In the first half I was a bit worried that they were stronger than us and were taking the ball off our forwards too easily. So I thought we would struggle in the second half, how wrong can you be! When Twiss and Baynes came on the ball stuck and I thought we were superb. We really went for it and with better finishing would have won comfortably.
I have no idea why we did not get a penalty as from where I was standing it looked absolutely blatant.
It will be tough on Saturday but if we can keep playing the way we did tonight there is no way we will be relegated.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonights Game
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »

pretty spot on with that summary

Butty

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »

A quality performance from all tonight- special mention for the back four, which many thought would be our main weakness tonight, did brilliantly well as I can't remember York having one clear cut chance.

bumble

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:53:38 PM »

A quality performance from all tonight- special mention for the back four, which many thought would be our main weakness tonight, did brilliantly well as I can't remember York having one clear cut chance.

The one They blazed over the bar?from inside the box

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »

Yes they had one chance.
They were very poor, and a good job the ref looked after them,.
Think the video evidence shows it was a pen.
Hope he sleeps well tonight!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:38 PM »

Commentators said York were getting nothing and Rankine was being constantly fouled.... Ah bless them, maybe they just meant York were not getting their own way and should have had some help from the officials as they are a play off chasing club , as they may have mentioned once or twenty times ?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 12:08:37 AM »

Gaz,
they were very poor.
My M8 was telling me what the radio was saying, but I think they were at another game

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 12:08:56 AM »

Commentators said York were getting nothing and Rankine was being constantly fouled.... Ah bless them, maybe they just meant York were not getting their own way and should have had some help from the officials as they are a play off chasing club , as they may have mentioned once or twenty times ?
They'll be chasing the play offs for some time. Don't see them catching up with them though  ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »

Rankine is an overated moaning cheating T**t .. you only have to look at him and he would fall over...
Robbie williams dealt with him superbly tonight especially in the second half..

Fkn sick of so called commentators giving biased opinions.. If they were any fkn good they would be on prime time telly.

Only one team in it tonight and York City it fkn wasnt

Goodnight.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:41 AM »

In the second half, and particularly the last 20 minutes, we played some of the best football I've seen from us this season. I've criticised Twiss a lot, but some of his one touch play tonight was top drawer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in being gutted that Sam Wedgbury is going back to Macc. He's been absolute quality during his stay (I wasn't totally sold on his debut, but after that I was very impressed), and good luck to him for the future wherever it may take him.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 12:53:35 AM »

In the second half, and particularly the last 20 minutes, we played some of the best football I've seen from us this season. I've criticised Twiss a lot, but some of his one touch play tonight was top drawer.

I'm sure I'm not alone in being gutted that Sam Wedgbury is going back to Macc. He's been absolute quality during his stay (I wasn't totally sold on his debut, but after that I was very impressed), and good luck to him for the future wherever it may take him.

Agree with all of that

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:08 AM »

Very disappointed not to convert our dominance into three points. If we are to stay up we really need to start scoring.
Although Marc Joseph played well and was awarded MOM I thought Nicky was our star player, ran them ragged all evening. If he could have just controlled that volley in the first half better, it would have been the perfect performance!!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:39 AM »

Thought we were brilliant. Reeves had 6 genuine, clear-cut chances - can't believe he misses them all! :( Overall, we contained them well in the first half and some of our attacking play/through balls in the 2nd half were fantastic.

Can't believe this is the same team from last Tuesday  :o

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »

Just one point of order while we're getting stuck into York City.

The "biased commentators" you are referring to are not appointed by York City, not employed by York City, do not represent York City, do not speak for York City, and have nothing to do with York City. So all the "places like these" flagellation is not necessary. York City have never had that attitude and that you well know as we've been playing you for years now.

Sorry to hear about stewards being "assaulted", I hope both clubs investigate this if this is the case and the matter is dealt with in the appropriate manner.

444 away fans, only 9 short of my prediction Darren!!

:D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »

Just one point of order while we're getting stuck into York City.

The "biased commentators" you are referring to are not appointed by York City, not employed by York City, do not represent York City, do not speak for York City, and have nothing to do with York City. So all the "places like these" flagellation is not necessary. York City have never had that attitude and that you well know as we've been playing you for years now.

Sorry to hear about stewards being "assaulted", I hope both clubs investigate this if this is the case and the matter is dealt with in the appropriate manner.

444 away fans, only 9 short of my prediction Darren!!

:D

Have to say that bringing 444 fans on a Tues night is a superb effort...
Good luck with the rest of your campaign.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Game