PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 hyde game
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hyde game  (Read 4941 times)

robins1978

Re: hyde game
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 11:56:06 PM »

Pitch was ok. It was the touchline the refs assistant runs along that was waterlogged! Ridiculous calling it off at 7pm. For all conerned it shouldve been called off earlier.
[/quote

Actually that is incorrect

At 6pm there was standing water on the Assistants patrol on the popular side (Golf Road Corner near the Stewards Hut)

The referee and his assistants decided to see what could be done with that area and to re-inspect at seven to give the game a chance

At seven, the rain was heavier and the standing water had spread three or four yards inside the touchline therefore making the pitch unfit
Just going off what I was told when i got to ground mate. That basically it was called off because of the assistant refs area they run along being waterlogged. With all the rain we had today I was supprised there was a chance it might be on. To call it off or even have a further inspection 45 mins before kick off is crazy. I can understand why all was done to try to get it on but surely it was obvious at 6pm it was gonna be a struggle. Even if game was started it prob wudnt have got finished with the rain keep coming down - AND HEAVY RAIN WARNINGS ALL OVER THE WEATHER REPORTS. Its not been the best day for me anyhow Phil so glad to see the back of it. (First time ever I can remember thinking I must ring George to see if games on - i did at 5.40 and it was then - like i say i was surprised it was!). Another ref may have called it off earlier we'll never know. Refs desision not to call it off earlier and he got this one wrong. See you next tues mate!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:04:23 AM by robins1978 »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 hyde game