PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Has Dalton Steele resigned?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Has Dalton Steele resigned?  (Read 4299 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 26, 2007, 07:08:32 PM »

That was the rumour in the bar after the game.

The man has some honour.

That was the worst Alty performance I have witnessed in years.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Has Dalton Steele resigned?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »

but not gh ?

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 07:21:19 PM »

I have asked before, who does the tactics for matches - is it GH or is or was it DS?

To be honest either way he has probably done the right thing for him if he has resigned.

If it is DS that does the tactics I am glad he has gone as long as we have a replacement -Colin perhaps?

If he doesnt he is jumping off board before we all call for the managements heads and he can probably do better elsewhere.

Thanks anyway Dalton for what you have done previously -IF INDEED HE HAS RESIGNED.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 07:22:05 PM »

Dalton has indeed left.

The trouble is he's not the problem. The problem is Aspinall, Logan, MacFadden, Whalley, Sedgemore and (I'm gutted to say ) Owen. We're carrying these players, albiet through injury, lack passion or any sort of ability.

This is not to say what's left is BSP standard but the above just stand out.

Come 2-1-08 will be below Northwich and doomed.

We could get 2/3 loan players in and/or sack the the manager but it won't make any differnce, we will be playing in the league beneath next season.
Full time and proud of it

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »

The trouble is he's not the problem. The problem is Aspinall, Logan, MacFadden, Whalley, Sedgemore and (I'm gutted to say ) Owen. We're carrying these players, albiet through injury, lack passion or any sort of ability.

Disagree, it is not those players you mention.

It is the full f*cking team except one or two players.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 07:36:38 PM »

I have often wondered who does what between GH & Dalton. I am still none the wiser.

If Dalton has rsigned is it because he is fed up of having so few resources? Has he had a disagreement with GH? If so, have they not seen eye to eye for ages?

My feeling is that GH & Dalton have an Alex Ferguson/Queros (excuse the spelling!) relationship: the former the figurehead and the latter the coach.

GH is Alty through & through & I cannot see him leaving. That is the assumption I believe we need to make in all debate (no matter what our feelings about him), so the rebuild (with GH in charge) starts 1st January - I suspect with Colin Little as No2 as he seems to have a strong bond and trust with GH.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 07:49:37 PM »

However baffling, naive and wrong the tactics were today - and have been more often than not this season - make no mistake that GH will be hurting as much as we are tonight. I feel sorry for him, he has been badly let down by players who have simply given up and have - more often that not this season - been an embarrassment to the shirt. I wouldn't blame him for walking too.

Butty

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 08:00:15 PM »

maybe if colin becomes the no2 then we may not play him as often (if we get a striker in jan) so a)he can see what the team needs and what he should do and b)even though he doesn't play he is still there if we need him

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »

GH will be totally discumbobulated!

Colin, I believe, has already done coaching with youths or reserves at Crewe. He would make a very good No2

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »

If we are indeed looking for a new number two i think that we could do much much worse than go off to Leigh and bring Mad Dog in.

He has loads and loads of coaching qualifications and (most importantly in my view) he has a huge passion for Alty even now which he should be able to pass on to the players he would be working with.

Also I have to say that we need to better utilise the resources we have player wise.

Both Sedgemore and Whalley are passing midfielders, neither of them is really a perpetual motion midfielder like Eddie Hussin or Val but we can oly work with what we have,  so, why not try to get them on the ball and get Robbie and Warren to do their running and tackling for them.

We need two centre backs, hopefully Shotton will come back so that brings it down to one. We could play Chris Lane there and put Scotty at right back if need be.

We need a left back - Warren can do that job if needs be but I think he'd be better utilised in midfield

Colin needs a break to regain his touch and his confidence. If we play with Sedgemore and Whalley then Colin abd Chris will work up front. If not then we resort to long balls up to the strikers and, even on each others shoulders Chris and Colin would struggle against some of the monster centre backs we encounter in this league. Hence we need a decent striker who can hold the ball up and take some pressure off the back four.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 08:55:18 PM »

If we are indeed looking for a new number two i think that we could do much much worse than go off to Leigh and bring Mad Dog in.

He has loads and loads of coaching qualifications and (most importantly in my view) he has a huge passion for Alty even now which he should be able to pass on to the players he would be working with.

Also I have to say that we need to better utilise the resources we have player wise.

Both Sedgemore and Whalley are passing midfielders, neither of them is really a perpetual motion midfielder like Eddie Hussin or Val but we can oly work with what we have,  so, why not try to get them on the ball and get Robbie and Warren to do their running and tackling for them.

We need two centre backs, hopefully Shotton will come back so that brings it down to one. We could play Chris Lane there and put Scotty at right back if need be.

We need a left back - Warren can do that job if needs be but I think he'd be better utilised in midfield

Colin needs a break to regain his touch and his confidence. If we play with Sedgemore and Whalley then Colin abd Chris will work up front. If not then we resort to long balls up to the strikers and, even on each others shoulders Chris and Colin would struggle against some of the monster centre backs we encounter in this league. Hence we need a decent striker who can hold the ball up and take some pressure off the back four.

A very good call regarding Mad Dog. Can we afford to have both Little & Mad Dog coaching?

radcliffe alty

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 08:57:42 PM »

We needed 11 Mad Dogs today. Any chance he could come back to play?!

louise1925

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »

Months ago I posted that Colin Little (if Maamria can do it, so can Col) and Mad Dog should be the management team. What a complete an utter waste of a season this has been. Today was inept. Having said that, I don't think the defence did too badly - Lane, Peyton, Tinson and Munroe did what they could with f*** all in front of them. Vics had a filthy b****** called Byrne, who we really could have done with, as well as a fabulous right winger called Williams with more skill in his right finger than all our forwards combined. Keep Coburn, Lane, Peyton, Tinson, Munroe, Robbie and Senior - the rest are w*** Unfortunately, by the time January comes, we will already be relegated.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »

I am a big fan of Stuart but he could have done better with oth shots? I believe

Once Acton is fit give him a chance.

The midfield was our major problem today.

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 10:04:40 PM »

I am a big fan of Stuart but he could have done better with oth shots? I believe

Once Acton is fit give him a chance.

The midfield was our major problem today.

And has been all season. Talking to stuart in the bar it came across as though he seems to think he could have done more and seemed just as pissed off as munroe, robbie, scotty, chris lane, aspinall, senior and joe o'neill.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team