PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I write this sober...
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I write this sober...  (Read 8230 times)

RocketDan

Re: I write this sober...
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 01:11:18 AM »

everyone on this forum overuses the words passion Heart etc. etc.

we lost because we were playing two average unibond rightbacks in central midfield. saying that i thought Azza did pretty well in the first half and looked quite sharp. the same is not true about Gary Scott.

Scotty can show all the heart he wants, it still wont make him a good player, it still wont make his fast enough to catch their strikers, it wont give him a better touch and it would improve is passing and creative awareness.

Alty365

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 01:28:45 AM »

You can NEVER over-emphasise the importance of passion and pride at this level of football. These things were sadly lacking today and that is a fact.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 09:00:17 AM »

I think Asa has had some good moment sin midfield, some of our best conference football came with him and Val in the centre.

Regarding loan players from local clubs. Today I found out about a player who was to come to us on loan but a new manager came in and scuppered the deal. Suffice to say this player would have 15 league goals if he had come so I do know that GH has tried.

You also have to consider the mindset of clubs who can loan players out. It's Alty in the conference, they're part time so will he maintain his fitness and good habits? will he get kicked to f**k in the conference? All these things have to be taken into consideration.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 09:05:38 AM »

everyone on this forum overuses the words passion Heart etc. etc.

we lost because we were playing two average unibond rightbacks in central midfield. saying that i thought Azza did pretty well in the first half and looked quite sharp. the same is not true about Gary Scott.

Scotty can show all the heart he wants, it still wont make him a good player, it still wont make his fast enough to catch their strikers, it wont give him a better touch and it would improve is passing and creative awareness.

It is the first time i have ever posted such comments on the forum and feel it was quite apt for a derby game.

lack of pride and passion= Defeat its 11 men against 11 men , Northwich wanted it more than we did.
Come on you red and white........

seasonticket

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »

I was begining to think that I was the only one who thinks Assa is a reasonable player but some of the above comments show I am not in a minority of one.
Every pass he makes he looks up weighs up the uptions, usually picks the right one, but does not always get the ball to where he wants. (If he did he would be in a much higher league than BSP, even Rooney et al dont always get their passes on target.)
Too many people want to see a higher standard of football at Moss Lane. But how can this happen. Without criticising personel look at the facts. We have a low player budget - Why? because we only have a small fan base. Even if we were challenging for promotion that would not increase to a level that could sustain us at the top end of BSP or higher.
We have to accept that we are a BSN club which I now think is no lower standard than the Conference was ten years ago. It may not be where we would want to be but realistically if we are to live within our means that is the best we can hope for with maybe the occasional promotion to our current level and a swift relegation back to our true level.
But I still could not accept defeat at any level by Vics no matter how much they deserved it.
Final comment is there any truth in the rumour that one game we will get half decent officials.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 09:54:24 AM »

I'll settle for a half decdent performance ... Past the stage of blaming officials now ... We have to at least help ourselves first !
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I write this sober...