PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I write this sober...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I write this sober...  (Read 8236 times)

bigcol

Re: I write this sober...
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 07:44:13 PM »

"Altrincham - part time and proud of it"

Shame the only pride shown is in the employment status of the team.  It costs nothing for the players to show it on the pitch.

The club needs to get real and get real now - when you consider how many premier and championship clubs are within an hour of Altrincham, it is shocking the management haven't spent a bit of time getting links to these clubs and asking them to send their reserves/U18s down to Alty for some experience.  Deals can be struck with regards to wages etc. with the right clubs, especially those who are financially well off.

BSP is a competitive league on a par with league two, there will be other clubs that will see the logic of it.

I'm sure we can do better than him from Stoke and her from Bury.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »

"Altrincham - part time and proud of it"

Shame the only pride shown is in the employment status of the team. 

The club needs to get real and get real now - when you consider how many premier and championship clubs are within an hour of Altrincham, it is shocking the management haven't spent a bit of time getting links to these clubs and asking them to send their reserves/U18s down to Alty for some experience.  Deals can be struck with regards to wages etc. with the right clubs, especially those who are financially well off.

BSP is a competitive league on a par with league two, there will be other clubs that will see the logic of it.

I liked the first 2 lines of that. We cannot rely on being the best of a very small bunch of teams in the BSP.

If the club has made no attempt to get links with the local reserves/u18s etc, then agreed; that is remiss. Do we know this is the case, however? I would love to see us get an U18 or reserve team back at ML.
As for him from Stoke: by all accounts he has been excellent - but the girl from Bury less so!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 08:40:54 PM by Jennifers Dad »

radcliffe alty

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »

Utter garbage. I would be surprised if there are many out there with better links than GH. You make it all sound so easy. Incidentally, I believe we are getting a Championship player aren't we?

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 08:08:42 PM »

Well that's going to solve all our problems isn't it?  ::)

bigcol

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »

No I don't think it is easy. But as there is no money to get better players or hire scouts to find better part time players, loans are the only answer IMHO.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »

Which is surely what will happen in January. GH - if he is still here - will no doubt be doing what he can and if we can get another lad or two the calibre of Shotton (who hopefully will also be back) in different positions, then at least we may go down with a bit of fight and flair.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »

Which is surely what will happen in January. GH - if he is still here - will no doubt be doing what he can and if we can get another lad or two the calibre of Shotton (who hopefully will also be back) in different positions, then at least we may go down with a bit of fight and flair.

He would have been putting feelers out, at least, for at least the last month. He already has a couple of players lined up & will have been talking to teams about others.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »

Pride Passion Belief.

ALL THREE LACKING TODAY!! And most of the season.

Only 4 players showed any of that today. We have a mountain to climb

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 09:27:06 PM »

Pride Passion Belief.

ALL THREE LACKING TODAY!! And most of the season.

Only 4 players showed any of that today. We have a mountain to climb

Time to get the tampons - errm - crampons!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 09:55:07 PM »

Am I the only person that believes the vics goalie superbly tipped littles dipping shot onto the bar?

bighairedmike

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 10:01:12 PM »

Am I the only person that believes the vics goalie superbly tipped littles dipping shot onto the bar?

We saw it too, the stuffy bastard!

What on earth was tha thairdo all about as well?  ;)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 10:09:49 PM »

Nearly as good as yours mike!! ;)

Not Alty but well Salty

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 10:20:03 PM »

Was right behind the Vics` keeper and I can confirm Tynan just got enough of a finger tip or 2 on it to touch it onto the bar.
It was a fantastic turn and shot by Little and- equally- a superb adjustment and save by Tynan. One of 4 or 5 excellent pieces of action this Afternoon. Can understand if you lot don`t see it that way right now meanwhile.
Thought all the goals were good one`s - though you lot may say Coburn should have kept it out of the far corner of the net (???)

louise1925

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2007, 11:12:04 PM »

Credit to Vics. The keeper looked solid, Byrne looked hungry in midfield, Williams was the class act on the right and all their loan players performed as if they cared. I think it'll be Stafford, us, Droylsden and Farsley down.

moousee

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 12:34:32 AM »

i thought that when we actually had central midfielders on, we looked 'ok'. Despite their league position, Northwich didn't look like relagation fodder today, much as we didn't when we played them last season. I agree that there isn't enough fight in the players at the moment, but this is perpetuated by the fact that a long ball seems to be instilled as the way out of trouble in a match. Time after time we see 'hopefull' balls over the top. When these don't work out the playes heads seem to drop, and the play becomes more and more desperate...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I write this sober...