PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I write this sober...
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I write this sober...  (Read 8228 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
I write this sober...
« on: December 26, 2007, 05:12:28 PM »

Today for me and im guessing for most die hards was simply not good enough.

I hate losing but i hate it more against a team bottom of the division and of course it being Northwich.

For me we showed poor distribution again time after time and at times a lack of passion and Heart(vital in any game never mind a derby match)

I can only hope we go someway to redeem our sorry selves and get all 3 points on NYD any thing less is a festive disaster.
Come on you red and white........

Alty365

Re: I write this sober...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 05:20:00 PM »

Agree with the above.

We were utterly woeful today and in spite of the fact our hands are tied until January as regards the acquisition of new players, most of the ones who played today showed little or no desire. It is not just a question of a lack of skill in the side - heart was what won the game for them today (they were a poor side too in all honesty) and we were sadly lacking in this department. For this reason only, much as it hurts to say it, they deserved to win.

I'm not going to name names but certain players heads seem to have disappeared up their own arses altogether.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 05:22:59 PM by Alty365 »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:27:20 PM »

The worst Alty performance I have ever seen.

I feel embarrassed, ashamed and humiliated to be associated with that bunch of lazy wankers. We don't need a couple of new players, we need a whole new team (bar Senior). Right at this moment, I have no desire to see them play again, although that will probably change.

Two full backs in centre midfield?? A natural central midfielder stuck on the wing?? 11 back to defend set pieces AGAIN. Coburn's failure to cover his right hand corner, TWICE.

f**king disgraceful from start to finish. No heart, no passion, no points.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:33:03 PM »

I feel embarrassed, ashamed and humiliated to be associated with that bunch of lazy wankers. We don't need a couple of new players, we need a whole new team (bar Senior). Right at this moment, I have no desire to see them play again, although that will probably change.

Two full backs in centre midfield?? A natural central midfielder stuck on the wing?? 11 back to defend set pieces AGAIN. Coburn's failure to cover his right hand corner, TWICE.

spot on , i cant see where the next point let alone win is coming from .Scott and aspinall in central midfield ?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »

This sounds very very worrying, I suspected from the team showing on BBC website that the midfield was, to say the least, unusual.

I mentioned on a different thread that this is the first time this season where I begin to doubt if we can escape.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »

This sounds very very worrying, I suspected from the team showing on BBC website that the midfield was, to say the least, unusual.

I mentioned on a different thread that this is the first time this season where I begin to doubt if we can escape.

we badly need 3 or 4 new quality players and  for them to gel quickly , that is of course unless gh walks.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 05:43:32 PM »

i have seen worse performances though , believe me

JT

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »

I think what was so disappointing about today was that after we had taken the lead, we didn't even look a threat for the rest of the first half.  The lads had done the hard part of breaking them down and getting into the lead, so keep on attacking them, have a go at them.  Instead, we stopped playing proper football and ran around the pitch like a bunch of T**ts.  Northwich are not a good team, and they were in our side of the field for the majority of the first half.
Also, most of the alty players were not playing like it was a derby game.  Apart from Robbie, Senior and maybe Peyton and Colin, i saw no heart put into our performance.  We better turn things around for the game at their place, because at the moment im struggling to recapture the alty passion in me.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 05:53:58 PM »

i have seen worse performances though , believe me

Many?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »

Wise Green Indian

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »

The mighty Green Indians drink much fire water in seeing the Red Tribe defeated. Much satisfaction in seeing the heartless fools fail in battle. No pride no soul from the defeated. Even the Red Monkey's who paid for the defeat must admit that the masters from the green hills have risen from the ashes and travel back to the sacred land of Northwich laughing and happy.

Wise Green Indian and his followers rub their hands in expectation when once again the green tribe show the red monkey's that the New Year sky will be green in colour.

Wise Green Indian has spoken....

lukealty12

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 06:55:20 PM »

The mighty Green Indians drink much fire water in seeing the Red Tribe defeated. Much satisfaction in seeing the heartless fools fail in battle. No pride no soul from the defeated. Even the Red Monkey's who paid for the defeat must admit that the masters from the green hills have risen from the ashes and travel back to the sacred land of Northwich laughing and happy.

Wise Green Indian and his followers rub their hands in expectation when once again the green tribe show the red monkey's that the New Year sky will be green in colour.

Your not screwd on right mate

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 07:07:17 PM »

See you NYD Nob head
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »

I refer you all back to a post I made about motivation approximately 3 months ago.

Yes we can argue which players should be in which category I mentioned, but the overall message in the post has been seen week in week out.

WE HAVE NO MOTIVATION OR PRIDE IS THE ULTIMATE RESULT.

The only players to come out of todays game with any credit is Robbie and Warren. I would have said Senior as well until his outburst but at least he showed he cared what playing for Alty, or for that matter any club, is all about.

I know we are short on players, but the formation and the team today sucked ass big time.

Why do we stand off players, pull out of tackles, wait for the opposition to get the ball and just stand behind players thinking that jockying is what we should do? The amount of times I saw the ball pumped up field for our defence to stand back and then let the slime players control the ball and just stand behind them.

January you all say, yes we can get some new blood in, but to be honest in my mind it needs a miracle and we need some tactics to go with the players. We need to be able to defend, we need a midfield that will battle and we need people in the opponents box to create chances. Can we do all of this in January with 2 or 3, maybe even 4 new players? No I dont think we can.

Every week we see teams attack our left hand side as they know we are weak. To be honest if we cant get a left back Warren HAS to play there and we play another left sided midfielder.

Good to see logan last 90 minutes but for those people who say he should start need to look again. He was totally ineffctual today, but there again so where another 7 players (ex Senior, Peyton and Lawton).

Can we win on NYD? No not if today is to go by.

Where do we go from here? BSN is all we are good for. Will we come back up? No I dont think we are good enough for that.

See you all on Saturday for Stevenage.

JT

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »

This guy aint playin with a full deck of cards...
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I write this sober...