News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Important to say

Author Topic: Important to say  (Read 2007 times)

Jezza

Important to say
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »

Results like last night are what being in the top flight are all about...taking down the big boys a peg and it makes all the beatings and hard work worthwhile.

I'm sure the players and management are well aware of our appreciation as fans but I thought I'd just hammer that appreciation home a bit more.

For part time teams to go on a hiding to nothing and a wing and a prayer all the way to Torquay on a Tuesday night and put on a show and get a result  is a sterling monumental effort.

The loan players deserve a special mention....what's it to them really if Alty stay up? What a credit to their clubs and profession they are...how many loan players have we seen over the years just turn up and go through the motions?

Their efforts and professionalism are appreciated and recognised...their club's loss and our gain I reckon.

And whoever made the long trip down to show your support in person, I'm sure this appreciation is reciprocated by the team and those us unable to go can only read the matchthread and prostrate ourselves at the feet of the travelling die hards..well done to you and all.

Jenga

Re: Important to say
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »

Every single loan signing has been tremendous, each player has added a new dimension to the team, I can only praise them all.

Incidentally can anyone comment on how Battersby played last night. I have not seen much of him so far so would like to know how he fitted in.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:59:11 PM »

Results like last night are what being in the top flight are all about...taking down the big boys a peg and it makes all the beatings and hard work worthwhile.

I'm sure the players and management are well aware of our appreciation as fans but I thought I'd just hammer that appreciation home a bit more.

For part time teams to go on a hiding to nothing and a wing and a prayer all the way to Torquay on a Tuesday night and put on a show and get a result  is a sterling monumental effort.

The loan players deserve a special mention....what's it to them really if Alty stay up? What a credit to their clubs and profession they are...how many loan players have we seen over the years just turn up and go through the motions?

Their efforts and professionalism are appreciated and recognised...their club's loss and our gain I reckon.

And whoever made the long trip down to show your support in person, I'm sure this appreciation is reciprocated by the team and those us unable to go can only read the matchthread and prostrate ourselves at the feet of the travelling die hards..well done to you and all.

I could not agree more with this post!  Absolutely spot on Jezza!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

Every single loan signing has been tremendous, each player has added a new dimension to the team, I can only praise them all.

Incidentally can anyone comment on how Battersby played last night. I have not seen much of him so far so would like to know how he fitted in.

Richard Battersby had a fairly quiet first half but became increasingly involved & influential after the break.He was a prime mover in changing the territorial balance of the game in our favour & looked very comfortable on the ball & took on his marker confidently.He delivered a number of decent balls into the box in the second half but was guilty of missing a very good chance when Liam King produced probably the best cross I have seen by an Alty player this season in the 67th minute.The defender did well to deflect his header but the keeper was badly exposed for a couple of seconds.

In summary he did encouragingly well after what has clearly been not the best of starts in an Alty shirt.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »

I could not agree more with this post!  Absolutely spot on Jezza!

Agreed; spot on. I wonder how much GH & GB and the 'old timers' like Col influence the loanees.
Either way, they are a great credit. Ditto a fantastic group of fans to travel such a distance.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 06:56:40 PM »

That cross and header i was conviced had gone in,it was so good.But Torquays pitch is a very small playing area.their goalie kicked into the wind in the first few minutes,it bounced once and then Dsane shot against the bar,thats how small the ground is.Nice atmosphere though i though.
As i was leaving the ground to come home to Exeter i was with the Alty fan who lives in penzance and i heard a Torquay fan say they were the worst team ever to come here,i said doesnot say much for them than.
Harold

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

That cross and header i was conviced had gone in,it was so good.But Torquays pitch is a very small playing area.their goalie kicked into the wind in the first few minutes,it bounced once and then Dsane shot against the bar,thats how small the ground is.Nice atmosphere though i though.
As i was leaving the ground to come home to Exeter i was with the Alty fan who lives in penzance and i heard a Torquay fan say they were the worst team ever to come here,i said doesnot say much for them than.

You are absolutely right about the pitch....it was small & incredibly narrow.....I felt I was doing my reports from just outside the penalty area at times!!

I have a feeling that this may have influenced the first half tactics with the objective being to compress the game into a tight area by covering a 20-30 yard area of our half with as many bodies as possible.We certainly did that defending corners & set pieces inside our area, whilst filling an area higher up the pitch when the ball was in the midfield areas.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Important to say