* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cahill

Author Topic: Cahill  (Read 2230 times)

sminkypinky

Cahill
« on: February 14, 2008, 03:20:47 PM »

Going on little more than gut instinct, I feel that Cahil's time with us may be coming to an end.  A mate of mine is a Stockport fan and was at Rotherham when Stockport thumped them 4-1.  He claims that the ability to hold the ball up was severely lacking in the Rotherham side, and, when we couple this with a) Mark Robins comments about changes and players looking tired, and, b) how good Cahill is at holding the ball up, I fear he may be recalled.  If this is the case I IMPLORE the management to play him in the remaining games, he causded Farsley a lot of issues when he came on and I think with his previous sterling performances in mind, we should make the most of him whilst we have him.

Narcissist

Re: Cahill
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »

Whilst I understand what you mean surely it would be ridiculous to play a player because he might be leaving?

Otherwise we would have started Logan a bit more  ::)

sminkypinky

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:30:15 PM »

Whilst I understand what you mean surely it would be ridiculous to play a player because he might be leaving?

Otherwise we would have started Logan a bit more  ::)

Perhaps, but I think he is our first choice striker as others can play off him, and when he goes I don't think we've an effective replacement!

louise1925

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 05:47:57 PM »

Irrespective of his loan status, he should play. He is easily the best striker we have and had he started v Farsley, I'm convinced he would have made a difference. First managerial mistake for a while and not said with hindsight. Commented earlier in the week that Farsley's defence was strong and experienced and that two diddy strikers would struggle against them - in fact, a number of posters suggested this.

penfold

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:50:10 PM »

The reason we didn't play Logan more was because of his attitude issue. I agree that he had the potential to cause some problems for the opossing team but his attitude was all wrong. Now Cahil has the right attitude, and i think we should true and benifit the most from all our loan signings because we need as many points as possible.

crossie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »

We have got some very difficult cames coming up in the next few weeks and and form of point whether it be a draw or a win will be vital, if we want to break away from relegation. I think we could try Cahil and Little up front on Saturday in order to add some experiance into the team. I think Cahill holds the ball very well and he has hight on his side. Now, im a big fan of Senior but recently he hasn't had many chances but players do go through a perid where they try but get no rewards. If Cahill and Little dont proform well, we have Senior on the bench, possibly bring him on earlyer maybe

thegazelle

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:57:19 PM »

how about  play all three with senior wide

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »

Most people have said we should have started with Cahill but hes just been injured so can see why GH/GB decided to bring him on. Get him playing in a match and see how he gets through the last 15/20 mins with a view to starting the next game. Good Management in my opinion.

louise1925

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:12:18 PM »

That argument held more weight for the Droylsden game when Cahill was rightly a sub. For the more physical, more experienced Farsley three days later, he certainly should have played. Chris Senior is better employed as a winger, as somebody else has mentioned. This means we effectively played with one striker at home to Farsley - a mistake in my opinion, but over with now. Defo Little and Cahill at Rushden.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 09:48:48 PM »

We do not know the status of his injury, perhaps GH was bringing him back gradually being a loanee.

He looked fit the other night, perhaps he will start on Saturday?

Any way come on Alty! :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cahill