News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now I feel really guilty .....

Author Topic: Now I feel really guilty .....  (Read 3259 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:11:31 PM »

and just think I had a go at him for coming into the ground for free and being a 'freeloader' ... Shame on me... If only I'd had known he was so hard off ...

from www.altrinchamfc.com
STATTO BANKRUPTCY MYSTERY
Angus Loughran, the Altrincham FC supporter and "TV betting pundit known to millions of sports fans as Statto has been declared bankrupt" says the Manchester Evening News "Angus Loughran, 42,... was declared insolvent at Manchester County Court, but mystery surrounds how the commentator and author ended up in financial trouble. Mr Loughran vowed that he knew nothing about the case when the M.E.N contacted him. After phoning the court, the pundit, formerly of Heald Road, Bowdon, Altrincham, said he had been told it involved council tax arrears. But Trafford Borough Council denied instructing legal proceedings against the TV star.
Mr Loughran said he had been `out of the country a lot recently'... 'I have ignored letters from the local council, and probably been a bit naïve', he said. 'But it's something I can hopefully sort out. I don't honestly know what, if anything, I owe them. 'I had no idea things had got to this stage'... he said. Mr Loughran, who is the son of former Halle conductor James Loughran, first shot to fame on BBC 2's Fantasy Football League programme... The former Ampleforth College public schoolboy, who confessed to getting poor maths results, became cult viewing... His encyclopaedic memory and love of statistics is also said to have earned him substantial sums of money... A spokesman for the Insolvency Service confirmed Mr Loughran was declared bankrupt at Manchester County Court on February 4".

Hodgey

Re: Now I feel really guilty .....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:18:09 PM »

42 years old my arse!and skint my arse ! get your council tax paid so my bins can be emptied Loughran

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

Gary,

You could always redeem yourself at the next Moss Lane game by going around the ground with a bucket to collect some money on behalf of our impoverished fellow diehard supporter.....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

chrisrufc

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:45:28 PM »

Code: [Select]
You could always redeem yourself at the next Moss Lane game by going around the ground with a bucket to collect some money on behalf of our [b]impoverished fellow diehard supporter[/b].....
I'll appreciate anything you can give

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »

You could always redeem yourself at the next Moss Lane game by going around the ground with a bucket to collect some money on behalf of our impoverished fellow diehard supporter.....

Hey this maybe the "New Gary" but lets not spoil it by such silly suggestions ... he he

Butty

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »

But come on, lets think about it, if it was any other fan who turned up at moss lane and said "I'm outta cash, could you let me in for free?", I don't think they would be watching the game somehow.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

I heard he came with a press pass and thats enough to allow entry, i believe certain people at the club did not want to allow him in but their hand was forced.

At the end of the day the point was made wrongly or rightly by a few but no need to dwell on it. (even though I did start the post .. he he)

GrahameRowley

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 04:51:37 PM »

Angus Loughran was an invited guest of the Board of Altrincham FC and as such should be shown the respect that all guests of the Football Club should be.

Grahame Rowley

AltyFC

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

Bump!  :o   :o    :o

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »

Angus Loughran was an invited guest of the Board of Altrincham FC and as such should be shown the respect that all guests of the Football Club should be.

Grahame Rowley

That's more than good enough for me.

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 08:55:25 PM »

it should be more than good enough for everyone

also nobody knows what has gone before in times of need!!!!!!!!!!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 09:27:03 PM »

If that is the case Grahame then fair enough. I heard from someone else that this was not the case, I am however not backing down on my opinions of the 'man' and think my response was justified after his mouthing at me despite it not me who said something in the first place.

I dont like the bloke, simple as. As there are people at Altrincham FC who don't like me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is I don't like him.

Butty

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 10:32:42 PM »

If he had permission and a pass to be in the ground, fair enough.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 11:13:45 PM »

only saw the story in the mirror of all places this afternoon, shame he couldnt give himself some tips on the best bets.

Its a bit like frank sidebottom - only turn up for the big games. Still any supporter who can get us some extra exposure is worth having around. Poor git though, carnt even pay his council tax....

now where is that swiss bank account number........

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 01:35:27 AM »

caught him on his mobile on the met once betting on cole, sheringham and yorke to be terrific trio,(top prem trio goalscorers in some mad offer ladbrokes had tried to con people with)
lucky for him it was the season of the treble...amazing!!!  still dont know for sure what it was all about! also........
he was commentating for eurosport on a real madrid vs juventus champions league quarter final (i love real madrid had to go)
Angus happened to be sat a row in front to my left on the same BA plane as me and my mate- dead noel,
we had a right football trivia flight and in the end he gave us a tip... KICKING KING a 10/1 shot for the 2005 gold cup,it pissed it!!! had 20 on it
i love you angus!!! HA HA......worst thing is that is a true story and i risked 20 quid of my own money on that crab..anyway it won easy
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:56:40 AM by Jacko »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team