News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Post Match Thoughts

Author Topic: Post Match Thoughts  (Read 3031 times)

altyf

Post Match Thoughts
« on: February 13, 2008, 08:07:09 PM »

Two really similar sides trying desperately to get a vital 3 points towards safety, I was actually surprised at how similar we were. Quite an even first half, they probably just shaded it for me, and that was a quality save by Stu after about 12 minutes. They gave us a couple of scares early on and I was surprised at how they came out and had a go at us. The floodlight problem seemed to help us more than them because they really were threatening. We absolutely battered them second half, couldnt tell whether it was offside or not but it looked close to me. Then to hit the bar and the post was devastating!!!
Disappointing to see their keeper time-wasting, but they really had to do anything to slow us down at that stage. With two dangerous wingers and Reeves it somehow felt that they were going to undeservedly nick a goal but I thought our defence played well, particularly Young.

Their two centre backs were brilliant, and its a shame we couldnt get a goal with all the chances we had, including the Toulson 1-on-1 in the first half. MOM for Farsley: Santos/Iqbal MOM for Alty: King/Young.

joe

Re: Post Match Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

I was stood on the open terrace level with the 18 yard line and Kings goal was definatly offside

bigedd

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »

It would have been a nice touch, If the legends, would have Been Introduced to the Crowd.
We could,nt all get to see them in the Club.

chrisrufc

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »

Don't Peake me to death here but I really think playing Senior and Col up front was a mistake which potentially cost us 2 points.  Once again they struggled to make an impact against two big centre backs (not their fault) but when Cahill came on Iqbal stuck to him like glue but Cahill gave him a real physical contest and caused problems.  Still did enough to beat them in the second half and I've never seen such a defensive siade play Alty before, I think Farsley will  go down if they keep playing like that

altyf

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »

Don't Peake me to death here but I really think playing Senior and Col up front was a mistake which potentially cost us 2 points.  Once again they struggled to make an impact against two big centre backs (not their fault) but when Cahill came on Iqbal stuck to him like glue but Cahill gave him a real physical contest and caused problems.  Still did enough to beat them in the second half and I've never seen such a defensive siade play Alty before, I think Farsley will  go down if they keep playing like that

I wouldnt say it lost us two points because, although neither of them played outstanding, I thought they both played well. As you say, its not their fault that at times we kicked it up for their centre backs to mop up, but when we got it on the ground and played second half, the impact was so different. If we can just work on getting it to their feet we can cause teams much bigger problems, because they're magicians with the ball at their feet!

Cahill can clearly cause problems and I'd love to see him start at Rushden.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »

as I said previously I think most would have taken 5pts from the last 3  games with not losing to Farsley a must ? Well  I certainly would have.

We have helped relegate Droylsden so thats one down (at least) so one less to worry about.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 09:18:06 PM »

As I stated pre match it was important not to loose, Stu made a couple of outstanding saves and both Col and Chris on other days could have scored. We were never going to score. Irealised that after we hit the post.

Give them credit for going at us, however I got fed up of the theatricals, and I hope they get relegated.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »

Two really similar sides trying desperately to get a vital 3 points towards safety, I was actually surprised at how similar we were. Quite an even first half, they probably just shaded it for me, and that was a quality save by Stu after about 12 minutes. They gave us a couple of scares early on and I was surprised at how they came out and had a go at us. The floodlight problem seemed to help us more than them because they really were threatening. We absolutely battered them second half, couldnt tell whether it was offside or not but it looked close to me. Then to hit the bar and the post was devastating!!!
Disappointing to see their keeper time-wasting, but they really had to do anything to slow us down at that stage. With two dangerous wingers and Reeves it somehow felt that they were going to undeservedly nick a goal but I thought our defence played well, particularly Young.

Their two centre backs were brilliant, and its a shame we couldnt get a goal with all the chances we had, including the Toulson 1-on-1 in the first half. MOM for Farsley: Santos/Iqbal MOM for Alty: King/Young.

I agree with every word of that!!

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 08:21:17 AM »

4 points for us is great. When we're at the bottom of the table we cant expect much more. Safety beckons for us now but farsley are in the mire, and once they're down they'll never be back.

Good riddance!

markecky

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:48:28 AM »

I still believe we need another "Dagenham"..a surprise away win that no-one thought could happen.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:06:39 AM »

I still believe we need another "Dagenham"..a surprise away win that no-one thought could happen.

Peter Band, where did you go

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 09:44:01 AM »

Heh, as opposed to a Morecambe or a Stevenage.

thegazelle

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »

we've already had a crawley!!!!!!!!!!!!

i reckon a rushden could be on the cards

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »

i reckon a rushden could be on the cards

Willie Rushton?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Post Match Thoughts