PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Strange Refereeing Decision...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Strange Refereeing Decision...  (Read 4116 times)

AltyFC

« on: February 13, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »

I was at the game last night sat in the main stand and saw this incident..... How does a referee come up with this as his decision? ???

From main site:

"The disjointed nature of this period was added to when play stopped for what was actually a double foul. Firstly, Jackson brought down O’Neill 40 yards from goal on the Alty left but the referee allowed advantage only for King to be chopped down by Iqbal just 20 yards from goal. To Alty's annoyance, Mr Matadar gave the first freekick, 20 yards back from where Alty's attack had reached. Also, whilst booking Jackson, Iqbal could count himself very lucky to escape censure as his foul was probably worse than Jackson's. Following the freekick Cahill seemed to be impeded in the box and then he fired in a shot for which a handball appeal went up."

Why would the ref penalise Alty for a foul which happened to them? ??? ??? ??? Clearly Alty would have preferred the 2nd free-kick!

JackPFarsley

Re: Strange Refereeing Decision...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »

Agreed, it was the wrong decision.
But so was the one not to send you man off for that shocking tackle.
Which correct decision would have made a bigger impact on the game?

AltyFC

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

Agreed, he probably should've been sent off for that!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:43:20 PM »

I saw only one challenge worthy of a dismissal last night..that was when the Farsley player attempted to introduce an additional bend into Robbie Lawton's leg where a bend was clearly not designed to be

Butty

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

To be honest jack, probably altys decision. No disrespect to farsley, but we should be holding out with 10 men, as you never looked like troubling alty. As we all know, we are better from closer, as a ball ill go into the box as opposed to down the line for a header(came out again last night)

JackPFarsley

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:07:50 PM »

To be honest jack, probably altys decision. No disrespect to farsley, but we should be holding out with 10 men, as you never looked like troubling alty. As we all know, we are better from closer, as a ball ill go into the box as opposed to down the line for a header(came out again last night)

Cast your mind back to when you played us at FC.
We were all over you and 1-0 up and Mo decided to be an idiot and send Reeves off no reason! That completely changed the game from you not threatening at all to dominating the second half....

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 11:27:00 PM »

Hmm, Reeves got his first booking for a push on Darren Tinson when there was no need and his second for breaking Chris Lane's nose. Someone was an idiot but for possibly the only time in his career it wasn't big Mo.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:38:50 PM by Ballers »

JackPFarsley

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

Hmm, Reeves got his first booking for a push on Darren Tinson when there was no need and his second for breaking Chris Lane's nose. Someone was an idiot but for possibly the only time in his career it was big Mo.

Did you not see the highlights when your dufus defender headed the back of Reeves' head instead of the ball???
Not Reeves' fault your defender broke his nose heading him..

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »

'dufus' marvellous word .. and I thought Farsley had come into the 2000's  ;D ;D ;D

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 03:44:22 PM »

Ref played advantage for the first foul, no advantage gained , so he pulled it back for the free kick. you not knowing the rules doesn't make the referee an idiot

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »

at what point does the advantage played run out by your theory if there was no advantages gained and the next foul was thirty minutes later we would have to go back to the original foul. ahaaaa

AltyFC

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »

Ref played advantage for the first foul, no advantage gained , so he pulled it back for the free kick. you not knowing the rules doesn't make the referee an idiot

If he played advantage then decided to stop the game at the second foul, surely it is an advantage to have the freekick at the more advanced position?????

Butty

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 05:53:32 PM »

If he played advantage then decided to stop the game at the second foul, surely it is an advantage to have the freekick at the more advanced position?????

I thought that too. It is like if we get an advantage in our own six yard box, we went up the pitch and got a freekick on the edge of their penalty area, would he still ocme back to the original foul?

crossie

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »

I do believe, if advantage is played then the ref must forget about any foul previously and play the free kick from where the second offence was created. Now i couldn't believe my eyes when he brought he ball 10yards back. One can not help but feel that if we had the free kick on the edge of the penalty spot then things could have been different.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 07:58:16 PM »

If a decision is made that a challenge is worthy of a caution but an advantage is played the caution is administered when play is stopped.

It seems to me that Mr Matadar (incorrectly in my view but I'm only a Parks Ref so what do I know) adjudged that no advantage had accrued following the first challenge and brought the play back for (a) the free kick and (b) the caution
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team