PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - part 1
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Next Season - part 1  (Read 7164 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Next Season - part 1
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »

I expect us to change our style of play from when we were last in the league, a little more direct and if we can get them wingers.
Leagues go up and down in difficulty but it looks as if next year will be tough.  In effect there are about 10 teams that would happily grace the bottom half of the national league and one or two with the resources to be top half.
This though is perhaps what is required, if we win the league or do well we should then be set up to perform mid table in the national the year after.  We got through the playoffs in a poor year and I think the team didn't strengthen enough, this season we got worse hence the relegation, we must learn to battle hard against similar teams and if we succeed it should give us a recipe for national mid table.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Next Season - part 1
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:07:28 AM »

It will be interesting to see what size of squad Neil Young for .

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:16:04 AM »

I guess that will depend on budget and who he can retain, I think its too easy to colour the manager based on an experience at stockport where they started well and then injuries meant bringing in a lot of loans.  Stockport is the nonleague equivalent of Newcastle where they think they should be world beaters.  I don't see them significantly better since Young left.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

M17

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »

What did young do at Stockport nothing didn't have a settled team used 33 players we won't be back for a good few seasons it was managements fault not strengthening and the system absolutely rubbish

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »

Stockport was a toxic gig. And I'm not convinced that they're more than marginally better under Gannon.

I'm not totally convinced about the appointment though, because his success at Chester was achieved on a bigger budget than he'll have here. I'm fully prepared to be converted though.....bring it on.

brian1925

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »

I get what you're saying about the whole Chester budget thing, but NY got the gig at Chester in the first place due to his success elsewhere. Of the 4 applicants, I'm prepared to accept that he was the best. His comments yesterday were certainly very bullish and as others have said, let's see who NY is able to retain and which of his previous contacts he is able to attract to Alty.

And anyone judging him by what happened at Stockport, get the bloody facts.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 10:01:14 AM »

Let's hope he won't bring  in a load of the players he had at Stockport

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 10:08:09 AM »

We have dropped a league and now I really am expecting 20/20  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:25:30 AM »

If Young had an unblemished record he would be managing higher up and out of our price range anyway. There is enough in his cv to commend him. The two big things Sinnott got stick for were living too far away and not having enough contacts. Young is an improvement straight away in that regard.

brian1925

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »

If Young had an unblemished record he would be managing higher up and out of our price range anyway. There is enough in his cv to commend him. The two big things Sinnott got stick for were living too far away and not having enough contacts. Young is an improvement straight away in that regard.

True.

I don't mind if he brings O'Hanlon from Stockport - looked very strong against Wally and Reevesy.

bumble

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »

What did young do at Stockport nothing didn't have a settled team used 33 players we won't be back for a good few seasons it was managements fault not strengthening and the system absolutely rubbish

Worried he won't sign you Ryan?

Don't worry I'm sure you'll con a some conference team into giving you a gig

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 11:06:25 AM »

we all know in this league we need a strong defence, tireless running and strength in midfield and quick skilful forwards to make the donkey centre halves they will be up against  look stupid....

it will be tough but needs a mixture of maddog and val energy and strength combined with messrs little and potts skill......

arnald

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 11:17:29 AM »

It's a very phisical league beware the red cards and crippling  tackles , we need a few
7ft defenders and mad dog kind of midfielders and Andy green up front

arnald

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 11:25:07 AM »

Oh And mark Hughes ,empty head ,

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 12:32:53 PM »

True.

I don't mind if he brings O'Hanlon from Stockport - looked very strong against Wally and Reevesy.
That was two years ago. County fans reckon his legs have gone and will be released this week. Hopefully Masha will be fit and he'll be one of the best centre backs in the league again.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Next Season - part 1