News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Woodley tonight/ Weather / Pitch

Author Topic: Woodley tonight/ Weather / Pitch  (Read 997 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:20:25 AM »

I don't think I'm being premature by saying this has got no chance tonight, we've been absolutely battered by ridiculous amounts of rain in this last few hours, and everywhere is flooded again. I was on the pitch with Neil yesterday and he's done a fantastic job with it under such trying conditions.It looks fantastic on the face of it. But a couple of areas will simply be unplayable with the rain that's fallen overnight. It's been worked on every day, but it needs drying out, a sustained period without rain. There's no way of getting any of the heavy machinery on these areas as it would sink and cause untold damage to the playing surface.As would having 20 people tramping around on it with forks. Neil and others helping him have had a real battle with the elements but we just need a few days without rain. Let's just hope if/when tonight's game gets called off that we can play it on Thursday at Woodley instead of training as we really don't want to lose the Telford game next week to fulfill this tie. Either that or send the kids to Woodley next Wednesday..
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team