PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scrotes
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Scrotes  (Read 10442 times)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Scrotes
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 04:01:47 PM »

Wrexham have a relatively small group of thoroughly unpleasant 'fans' who appeared to have no interest in the game whatsoever. Even the real fans behind the goal didn't seem to have much time for them.
It was potentially a dangerous situation last night. A small group of our own 'fans' (mainly children) were intent on goading them.
Needs sorting really before someone really gets hurt.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2023, 06:49:49 PM »

Now I've got to admit I don't like teenagers and would be happy if no-one under the age of 21 was admitted to a game, but i'm just grumpy and ant-social, but maybe it would be a good idea to have someone at the club who is good with kids and teenagers who could engage with this bunch at games and get them on board. After all without a new wave of young fans coming through who is going to be around to moan about things on here in forty years time?

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2023, 07:58:39 PM »

Piss funny this 'pitch invasion', sent Wrexham fans into a meltdown and shown up our stewards for what they are.

Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2023, 08:07:02 PM »

The club does need to put an end to these pitch invasions.
The way football is going, clubs will end up being penalised for these misdemeanours, with either fines or point deductions.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2023, 09:11:16 PM »

The club does need to put an end to these pitch invasions.
The way football is going, clubs will end up being penalised for these misdemeanours, with either fines or point deductions.

I agree totally. Working with local schools to get the message across, firm but appropriate stewarding, and yes, making an example of a handful. Stadium bans, going through a proportionate legal process. You don't want them to be made anti-heroes, we need them to look bloody stupid in front of their mates.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2023, 10:10:52 PM »

I also agree. It's not just us, as I have heard at incidents at smaller relatively local clubs, such as Widnes and Prescot Cables.

One club (possibly Prescot, but I may be wrong) have banned unaccompanied minors from attending. That seems much too extreme and punishes young people who have done nothing wrong; perhaps we need some sort of junior membership scheme to encourage them to feel a responsible part of the club?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2023, 10:16:40 PM »

Make the Chequers end of the pop side adults only then kids can't get close enough for any one to take any notice of their attempts at provocation.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2023, 10:29:39 PM »

Make the Chequers end of the pop side adults only then kids can't get close enough for any one to take any notice of their attempts at provocation.
Just put the junior ultras in the away end.....see how much abuse they dish out to the away fans......on the basis it is none - then fairly certain the NL away supporters are decent enough not to smack minors
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2023, 12:00:08 AM »

Apologies if this comes over a bit negative but the twonks to whom we refer have, I suggest, no interest in interaction with anyone.
They seem inclined only to attempt to aggravate opposition fans and having elicited a response to run away asap leaving innocent bystanders to their own devices when being confronted

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2023, 09:40:29 AM »

I suppose people might laugh at me, but these are Alty lads after all - probably all fart and no poo, as the phrase goes.

A tannoy announcement before the shootout warning not to enter the field of play upon the game's conclusion probably would have gone a long way on the night - although its always easier with the benefit of hindsight.

With regard to the general issues, there does seem to be an increase in this junior ultra culture, with plenty of social media accounts glamourising it.

Not a quick fix as we grow in popularity, for sure. Every fan base now seems to have them.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2023, 10:02:53 AM »

Whilst I agree in principle thatnjustnputs them amongst families who stand on GRE for 90 minutes.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2023, 05:25:36 PM »

One such social media account, Non League Terrace, now has a video posted from Wrexham's side of the fence.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2023, 05:40:58 PM »

Just watched it, never seen that idiot who is goading the Wrecham fans before, but he looks about 32.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2023, 11:58:52 AM »

Bloody hell thought something bad had gone with all the fuss on here  :D :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scrotes