News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty abroad?

Author Topic: Alty abroad?  (Read 2378 times)

Jacko

Alty abroad?
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:39:21 PM »

Have alty ever been on tour abroad or has it ever been considered? I know theres cash to consider but small amatuar teams seem to get money to help them do this

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty abroad?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »

We played st francis in dublin a few years ago in preseason,and played RAF Valley in about 1990 in preseason

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:55:42 PM »

Were they a success? Did many fans go

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:56:24 PM »

A pre-season tour of Mallorca would do nicely
They really should be beating teams like us

bumble

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »

seasonticket

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 09:47:09 AM »

RAF Valley.
Got to Anglesey and went for a paddle near Rhosneiger as it was a nice warm afternoon and we had a good hour or so before kickoff.
What we did not know was that kickoff had been brought forward so we got there at half time with Alty leading 6-0 I think.
Star centre forward in second half was one Jeff Wealands, And I think he scored one. Final score. Don't remember, but do remember Kingy insisting we went with them into the Sergeants Mess or naffi or whatever it was called to partake of a superb array of food and drink layed on by RAF players, wives and girlfriends.
I will always remember that as one of those games where the football was just something that happened on the side.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »

August 3 1996 - Cliftonville 0 Alty 1 is the only other overseas venture I can find - our only trip to Northern Ireland.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »

RAF Valley.
Got to Anglesey and went for a paddle near Rhosneiger as it was a nice warm afternoon and we had a good hour or so before kickoff.
What we did not know was that kickoff had been brought forward so we got there at half time with Alty leading 6-0 I think.
Star centre forward in second half was one Jeff Wealands, And I think he scored one. Final score. Don't remember, but do remember Kingy insisting we went with them into the Sergeants Mess or naffi or whatever it was called to partake of a superb array of food and drink layed on by RAF players, wives and girlfriends.
I will always remember that as one of those games where the football was just something that happened on the side.

Go there now we could meet royalty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »

I could definitely handle a three game pre-season tour of Scotland, especially if it gave the chance of visiting a few distilleries.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »

Any chance of an Egypt tour :D

Butty

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »

How about Boston first week of August to coincide nicely with a Lancashire GAA trip ;)

markecky

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »

RAF Valley.

Thats exactly how I remember it and we arrived at half time as well.

Think it was really sunny and the most relaxed game iof fotball ever!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty abroad?