+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2,397  (Read 6938 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2,397
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 02:34:41 PM »

The attendance was 3,397, the mausoelum isnt included in the capacity,as it has no barriers,if it was the capacity would be at least 500 more than whats currently allowed in 

The ground capacities are here

The official ground capacity:  6,085
Chequers End: 1,434 
Golf Road End: 1,554
Popular Side:    1,774 
Main Stand:      1,133 
Family Stand:   190 

You keep saying the crowd was 3,397. How do you know this? Were you working one of the turnstiles?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »

If 1,000 has been knocked off the gate. It means less money going to Luton and the FA. and more money for Alty. But I think we are too honest to do that.
They really should be beating teams like us

david sneddon

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »

The attendance was 3,397, the mausoelum isnt included in the capacity,as it has no barriers,if it was the capacity would be at least 500 more than whats currently allowed in 

You keep saying the crowd was 3,397. How do you know this? Were you working one of the turnstiles?

Because thats what is was announced as by the press association, and the radio stations doing updates of the game, it was the PA that read it wrong,maybe by mistake 2397 was announced,but it was quoted everywhere else as 3397.The gate was comparable to the 3302 that attended against darlington, and much larger than the 2619 than attended against wrexham a couple of months ago.

mikeford2005

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 04:06:20 PM »

Because thats what is was announced as by the press association, and the radio stations doing updates of the game, it was the PA that read it wrong,maybe by mistake 2397 was announced,but it was quoted everywhere else as 3397.The gate was comparable to the 3302 that attended against darlington, and much larger than the 2619 than attended against wrexham a couple of months ago.
I heard over 3000 announced on the radio, but could it not be they misread it when reading it out, rather than the PA. The BBC has us down for 2397. 

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 04:18:40 PM »

I heard over 3000 announced on the radio, but could it not be they misread it when reading it out, rather than the PA. The BBC has us down for 2397. 

Apologies for the confusion, but either the person who gave me the crowd figure got it wrong or my ears are not functioning properly.I believe the crowd was 2397 but I have to say that it looked far more.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »

The crowd was 2397

All the calculations were double checked as the receipts need to be declared and split, it being a Cup fixture.

Please remember that less than 200 came through the away end turnstiles  and that the rest of the standing crowd was quite compacted.

Does anybody seriously think that the Club would deliberately misreport the attendance as lower than the actual and risk incurring the wrath of the FA for so doing?

I know it aint gonna mean much to a lot of people but it doesn't half piss me off when people come on here pontificating about how many people they think were at the game when they not had any access to the actual turnstile readings.

Maybe one or two of you would like to get involved in working these things out instead of watching at least the first half of a home game sometimes more like the Turnstile Operators and the Office Staff do

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 04:52:32 PM »

Conspiracy theories are what t'inter was invented for Phil... or so I heard in the Old Pack Horse one Tues night when Rocky said that in the 1980 Russia invaded Afghanistan because the Martians had landed and set up a listening device because they needed human ear wax to power their teleporting system and the Americans were behind it all because etc etc etc.........

fuertes

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 05:02:16 PM »

The crowd was 2397

All the calculations were double checked as the receipts need to be declared and split, it being a Cup fixture.

Please remember that less than 200 came through the away end turnstiles  and that the rest of the standing crowd was quite compacted.

Does anybody seriously think that the Club would deliberately misreport the attendance as lower than the actual and risk incurring the wrath of the FA for so doing?

I know it aint gonna mean much to a lot of people but it doesn't half piss me off when people come on here pontificating about how many people they think were at the game when they not had any access to the actual turnstile readings.

Maybe one or two of you would like to get involved in working these things out instead of watching at least the first half of a home game sometimes more like the Turnstile Operators and the Office Staff do

Yes I'm sure it's infuriating. "Looked like near three thousand didn't it?", "Yeah". If I were you and I heard that I'd be seething mate.

Is the purpose of this post for everyone to tell you how great you are and apologise for daring to suggest the PA might have misread the attendance? Get a life.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »

To be honest  i couldn't give a stuff about general speculation with regard to attendances

When folk come on and say that there were definitely more than at the Wrexham game and start to doubt the honesty of the (volunteers) who are prepared to miss a fair chunk of every home match to help the Club, then  I get pissed off.

But that aside I'd just like to say thanks for being so understanding

david sneddon

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 05:57:04 PM »

The crowd was 2397

Didnt you mis-calculate one of the turnstiles not so long ago? It pisses me off when people who have been coming to this ground for the last 40 years are told they are pontificating simply because they show  suprise at the announced attendance at the stadium they know well and have been attending for all kinds of fixtures over those 40 years,it  looked very full, considering its allowed by the ground saftey certificate to hold another 3,688 on top of what was supposed to have been  in last night. 

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »

Hmm, well I suppose that one third of the popular side was cordoned off, so that area was down to a 1000 capacity and was about half full.

500 + 189 away + 800 in main stand not including dignitaries = 1000 in Golf Rd and on mausoleum. ?

All I will say is that we need to look at how we host such fixtures. If we ever get 3400 in the ground we won't be able to cope farnkly.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:43:03 PM by Ballers »

david sneddon

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »

I fully agree, Its all very well people jumping on here saying people are questioning their honesty, which is simply not the case,everybody is full of praise for the people that help on matchdays, but it doesnt mean you cannot pass comment on this forum for fear of upsetting someone.Nobody in any post on here suggests dishonesty by anyone, simply how full the place seemed last night.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 06:19:55 PM »

we did which is why I stressed that the calculations were double checked.

I never stated that YOU were pontificating, if you interpreted it as such then please accept my apologies.

However I think that you may concede that some people who come on here do pontificate. Also that some posts seem to be unnecessarily critical and confrontational

The attendance quite regularly surprises me too by the way.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:12 PM »

Look at Altysnappers photos of the Golf Rd. Add the rest, the maths don't add up. Many clubs fiddle gates when shared. Don't let us become one of those.

AFC Wimbledon are my local team......Kingstonian sadly only get 300 now...........Wycombe game apart, 3,000 for league games and 1,900 for cups. Scandalous.

On reflection however we had more than the stated away gate at Luton, and the overall crowd agreed not there usual 5,000 may well have been over 3200.

1976-77 we got 1058 every home game  :D
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 10:05:16 AM »

I wasn't there but sod it lets call the attendance 781, now thats sorted ....  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team