Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley the inevitable beginning of the end.

Author Topic: Crawley the inevitable beginning of the end.  (Read 3241 times)

Jezza

« on: December 24, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »

Ominous yet familiar and inevitable first signs of the demise of Crawley Town FC....sorry if this has been discussed already but i can't find a related thread  ??? lots of classic comedy tongue in cheek quotes to chew over (such as most prudently run club in the division and we run a very tight ship!!!hahaha) in fact you could stuff this statement and have it for xmas dinner  ;D

from John Laidlar's official award winning 50% better than everybody else's official brilliant festively decorated site;

This is Sussex reports that "Crawley Town co-owner Susan Carter has warned Reds' fans the club may have to sell players in the January transfer window to help balance the books at the Broadfield Stadium. The Town chief admits she is 'disappointed' attendances have not grown this season as much as the club's board had hoped, and says unless the Reds can start to increase their match day revenue, cuts will need to be made to meet Football League rules.
She said, 'We have to be sensible and if offers come in then we will need to sit down and consider them. We could have some very difficult decisions to make. I would hate for us to have to sell a player for financial reasons, and we don't want to lose any of our best players as we are well placed in the league but, if the right price comes along, I think every club is a selling club... We run a very tight ship'...

'In League Two we have something called the Salary Cost Management Protocol', explained Carter. 'It means we can't spend more than 55 per cent of our income on players' wages in a season. At the moment we aren't hitting that so if fans want us to be able to retain our best players then they have to back us now. I think for a lot of fans this is an inconvenient truth but of course it will have a bearing on what we can do in the transfer window'.

Attendances at the Broadfield this season have increased; although Carter says... 'We are disappointed with the amount gates have gone up this season as I think in all honesty we were expecting them to rise more', she added. 'This is probably the most prudently run club in the division and on the field we are the most successful we have ever been in our history... I'm disappointed we are still only averaging 3,000 in league games and in all honesty I don't know what else we can do. If we are to sustain and build on what we have achieved we need to be getting it up to 4,500 as a minimum... We have a new stand going up and I'm challenging the fans to pack it out and create a rocking atmosphere at the Broadfield for the rest of the season. We need to get more people through the door if we want to progress'.

Carter says it is her ambition to see Crawley become totally self-sufficient and not reliant upon any wealthy individuals to bankroll them... 'There could be a time in the future when the owners don't want to or can't afford to subsidise the club... The owners could never be expected to risk their own businesses by keep investing in the football club when they have staff they pay who are dependent on them... We had a comedy night last month and only 52 people turned up. People can't expect the club to be able to go out and buy top players if they don't do their bit by supporting us'".

Broadfield's capacity is currently 4,996 and gates are typically around 3,000. The club has 30+ players on its books.

Narcissist

Re: Crawley the inevitable beginning of the end.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »

I love the way these people think its ok to make the local community feel guilty.

After that clubs owners time and time again took that community for a ride she should be happy to get 3k.

There's plenty of teams in that league doing very nicely on those sort of figures and there's no emotional blackmail required.  Crawley Town, rightfully on its way to the dogs

markecky

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 01:47:46 PM »

Beat me to it.

Stage One of the collapse...appeal to the local public for more support in a "whats wrong with people?" way

Stage Two - if we don't get x amount for x game we'll have to consider doing x

Stage Three - rumours that x is about to happen on internet

Stage Four - x happens, club up for sale and then x debts come to light.

A tedious cycle....

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 02:39:06 PM »

Beat me to it.

Stage One of the collapse...appeal to the local public for more support in a "whats wrong with people?" way

Stage Two - if we don't get x amount for x game we'll have to consider doing x

Stage Three - rumours that x is about to happen on internet

Stage Four - x happens, club up for sale and then x debts come to light.

A tedious cycle....

We could see x = highest numbers ever here.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »

YEAH - I saw that story and thought much the same

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »

Anything that pisses off that  Fat Crooked bastard "Lady Boy" Evans will do me - Merry Christmas  ;)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »

And a lovely new stand for the Cherry Red Records Hellenic League campaign....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

mikealty

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »

"AFC Crawley Town", I'll give it 5 years.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 03:57:42 PM »

"AFC Crawley Town", I'll give it 5 years.
Is that the new e-mail address....

"AnotherFingCrook@Crawley Town"
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »

Anything that pisses off that  Fat Crooked bastard "Lady Boy" Evans will do me - Merry Christmas  ;)

The only bit of that which is still to be confirmed is ba*tard! Other than that he would struggle to find any libel in there!  :D

VofD

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »

Ominous yet familiar and inevitable first signs of the demise of Crawley Town FC....sorry if this has been discussed already but i can't find a related thread  ??? lots of classic comedy tongue in cheek quotes to chew over (such as most prudently run club in the division and we run a very tight ship!!!hahaha) in fact you could stuff this statement and have it for xmas dinner  ;D

from John Laidlar's official award winning 50% better than everybody else's official brilliant festively decorated site;

This is Sussex reports that "Crawley Town co-owner Susan Carter has warned Reds' fans the club may have to sell players in the January transfer window to help balance the books at the Broadfield Stadium. The Town chief admits she is 'disappointed' attendances have not grown this season as much as the club's board had hoped, and says unless the Reds can start to increase their match day revenue, cuts will need to be made to meet Football League rules.
She said, 'We have to be sensible and if offers come in then we will need to sit down and consider them. We could have some very difficult decisions to make. I would hate for us to have to sell a player for financial reasons, and we don't want to lose any of our best players as we are well placed in the league but, if the right price comes along, I think every club is a selling club... We run a very tight ship'...

'In League Two we have something called the Salary Cost Management Protocol', explained Carter. 'It means we can't spend more than 55 per cent of our income on players' wages in a season. At the moment we aren't hitting that so if fans want us to be able to retain our best players then they have to back us now. I think for a lot of fans this is an inconvenient truth but of course it will have a bearing on what we can do in the transfer window'.

Attendances at the Broadfield this season have increased; although Carter says... 'We are disappointed with the amount gates have gone up this season as I think in all honesty we were expecting them to rise more', she added. 'This is probably the most prudently run club in the division and on the field we are the most successful we have ever been in our history... I'm disappointed we are still only averaging 3,000 in league games and in all honesty I don't know what else we can do. If we are to sustain and build on what we have achieved we need to be getting it up to 4,500 as a minimum... We have a new stand going up and I'm challenging the fans to pack it out and create a rocking atmosphere at the Broadfield for the rest of the season. We need to get more people through the door if we want to progress'.

Carter says it is her ambition to see Crawley become totally self-sufficient and not reliant upon any wealthy individuals to bankroll them... 'There could be a time in the future when the owners don't want to or can't afford to subsidise the club... The owners could never be expected to risk their own businesses by keep investing in the football club when they have staff they pay who are dependent on them... We had a comedy night last month and only 52 people turned up. People can't expect the club to be able to go out and buy top players if they don't do their bit by supporting us'".

Broadfield's capacity is currently 4,996 and gates are typically around 3,000. The club has 30+ players on its books.

That's a laugh. ;D ;D ;D

bigcol

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »

Did anyone ever find out who really does own them?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 06:28:26 PM »

The season before last wasnt their average home attendance less than 1,000?

I was at a function a few months ago when one of their fans was canvasing for support, and he couldnt recall the time their players and staff had to travel to us in their own cars as they hadnt paid the coach firm for carrying the team. I dont know if this bill was ever paid.He couldnt see why I view them as crooks.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 12:21:54 AM »

A Message to you Stevie

Stop your slobbing around
Think of your financial future
Time you straightened right out
Creating problems in town

Stevie, a message to you
Stevie, a message to you

Stop your flabbing around
Think of your Ryman League future
Else you'll wind up in jail

Stevie, a message to you
Stevie, a message to you

Stop your blobbing around
Think of a low-cal future
Creating problems in town

Stevie, a message to you
Stevie, a message to you
Stevie, a message to you
Stevie, a message to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDQ85Dg-ss

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team