PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New players and players to be released
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New players and players to be released  (Read 7080 times)

John W

« on: October 02, 2010, 07:51:23 PM »

People care to suggest who will be next through the trap door and who they can see coming in?  My view is that we need to get rid of Joseph, Crowell and probably McCarthy.  Would like to see Walshaw from Guiseley come in, who's scoring for fun this season. 

The Undertaker

Re: New players and players to be released
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:54:47 PM »

i dont think we should get rid of crowell just yet, when he played for us the first time he showed real class. we should consider gettin rid of him later on in the season if he does not improve. i agree we should get rid of Jimmy

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:56:06 PM »

McCarthy should bide his time and learn from Kenny McKenna and get better.  He has something and with time will be a good player

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

McCarthy should bide his time and learn from Kenny McKenna and get better.  He has something and with time will be a good player

Don't be so reasonable. It makes far more sense to bleat about how sh*t players are after 5 games and claim we should get rid of them.

If we'd had the good sense to do that last season we'd have been able to offload garbage like Nicky Clee and Robbie Williams.

Wait, hang on a sec...

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

Don't be so reasonable. It makes far more sense to bleat about how sh*t players are after 5 games and claim we should get rid of them.

If we'd had the good sense to do that last season we'd have been able to offload garbage like Nicky Clee and Robbie Williams.

Wait, hang on a sec...

Well said.

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »

Good point fuertes.....

I do like the look of Mccarthy but he has got to build up strength and learn how to outmuscle and outjump at this level quick....he's been very lucky to get the amount of time on the pitch he's had at this lefvel..mainly down to Twiss's injury...he may never get another chance...and he could do with practising day and night kicking a ball against a barn door coz goals is what is needed from a striker.

Nicky clee got the time to prove himself ....others will not be so lucky though.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 08:12:54 PM »

Mccarthy has something about him, there's talent in there, just whether it can be realised or not.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »

I have a feeling Crowell will go - not because of any lack of ability as much as the simple logistics of how far away he lives. I think this will get too much soon enough.

John W

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »

Macca just don't look as if he's got a goal in him and a striker that doesn't score...  Do we need a Gary Birtles?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »

Macca just don't look as if he's got a goal in him and a striker that doesn't score...  Do we need a Gary Birtles?

Certainly NOT if he is commentating on a game (fkn awful)  ;)

John W

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »

Certainly NOT if he is commentating on a game (fkn awful)  ;)
LOL

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »

In my opinion, James needs a month or two in Conference North, where he will score goals and come back to Alty a more confident player. As others have said, he does have something and I really think he'll do well for us in time.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 10:54:45 AM »

I'm sorry but people are talking about releasing McCarthy when we've got Holsgrove coming on and doing nothing? Bizarre! McCarthy offers a LOT more.

I like McCarthy enough to keep him. Denham and Reeves for starting eleven but releasing Jimmy over Holsgrove is stupid.

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 11:56:23 AM »

I'm sorry but people are talking about releasing McCarthy when we've got Holsgrove coming on and doing nothing? Bizarre! McCarthy offers a LOT more.

I like McCarthy enough to keep him. Denham and Reeves for starting eleven but releasing Jimmy over Holsgrove is stupid.

Totally agree !

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »

I have a feeling Crowell will go - not because of any lack of ability as much as the simple logistics of how far away he lives. I think this will get too much soon enough.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team