News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New striker!

Author Topic: New striker!  (Read 3070 times)

bumble

New striker!
« on: June 18, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »

Altrincham FC is pleased to welcome to Moss Lane, Liverpool-born striker Danny Mitchley, aged 22 (d.o.b. 7 Oct. 1989). After starting out with Skelmersdale United as a youngster, the 5ft 11 inch forward was at Oldham Athletic before going to Blackpool. His career at Blackpool, where he made two Championship appearances in 2008-09, was halted by a broken foot, which led to his moves on loan to Southport (March 2009), Burscough (August 2009) and Wrexham (March 2010) before he found himself at Field Mill (November 2010), following a second brief spell with Burscough. He was loaned to Nuneaton Town late last September and made a great start, scoring twice in the first quarter of an hour of his debut.

"a prolific scorer at youth and reserve team levels for the Seasiders but struggled to break into senior football. He made two appearances from the bench in October 2008 (then injured) but otherwise spent much of his time out on loan in non-league football."

Welcome Danny, youve some big boots to fill! Best of luck!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:24:03 PM by Stoke Alty »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New striker!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »

Welcome Danny.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »

Welcome to Alty Dannny.  Look forward to seeing you play

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »

I'm guessing that's our strikers sorted for next season

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:34:41 PM »

Looks good. Wonder who are two first choice strikers will be?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »

Reeves and Or McGivern I would suspect with Brooke or mitchley acting as a foil

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »

And young duncan of course

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »

welcome indeed.  Make sure you pack your shooting boots yeah!  best of luck in an Alty shirt.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »

Looks like we going to attack next season , just need couple of defenders n we all set to go.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:55 AM »

I would say two more defenders are a minimum requirement as we only currently have three defenders, of whom two are ex-youth players (according to the squad builder thread).
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »

We definitely need atleast two defenders. I'm hoping Dens will be at right back and we've signed Hall at centre back and have Chris Lynch that can cover both those positions which leaves us needing another quality centre back and a left back unless he plans to go with Grimshaw? As for Danny Mitchley,he seemed to be prolific at youth team level before getting an injury so lets hope he settles quickly and rediscovers his scoring touch.

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »

I'm happy that Lee is going for young strikers with promise rather than players we all know. However, like others on here, i'm getting a bit worried at our lack of defenders. Really hope Lee has a few irons in the fire, as we're very short at cb and lb.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »

I'm happy that Lee is going for young strikers with promise rather than players we all know. However, like others on here, i'm getting a bit worried at our lack of defenders. Really hope Lee has a few irons in the fire, as we're very short at cb and lb.

I agree about young strikers, however that can be a two edged sword if they dont learn or perform as well as we hope.

Regarding CB's, he is clearly not finding it easy and I can only assume that he has learnt from his mistakes from last year and isnt jumping in for untried youngsters. Signing Danny Hall sort of confirms that is what he is trying to do and the fact that James Smart seems only to have been invited back for PST seems also to confirm he is being cautious.

This year, I think none of us will be jumping to judgement about the quality of new players or trailists based on the odd PSF, but rather on seeing how they do over a good few games.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New striker!