News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris lane interview from www.thisistrafford.co.uk

Author Topic: Chris lane interview from www.thisistrafford.co.uk  (Read 1542 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »

Lane gets back on track
By Connor Murphy
Comment
ALTY new boy Chris Lane is relishing the chance to get his career back on track after joining from Southport.

The 28-year-old's second spell at the Sandgrounders ended in disappointment after a difficult campaign last time round.

Lane was the only player in Southport's squad to remain part-time last season, meaning he was unable to even train with his teammates.

advertisement

And to make matters worse, he found himself frozen out by manager Peter Davenport after the former Manchester United player took over at the club in January.

A thoroughly miserable season ended with relegation to the Conference North and Lane is looking to quickly put those bad memories behind him.

He told SAM Sport: "Last season was really difficult for me.

"Although Southport went full-time I stayed part-time because I couldn't give up my job.

"I didn't train with the rest of the squad all week because they trained during the day and the only time I saw my teammates was on a matchday.

"Then when Peter Davenport came in he just tried to freeze me out. He didn't talk to me once from the time he joined until my leaving.

"It was really disappointing because Southport is a good club and had played such a big part in my non-league career.

"But I'm ready to move on now and I'm looking forward to joining Alty."

Lane became a popular figure during his time at Southport, memorably receiving a standing ovation after coming on as a substitute in a league game at Moss lane last season.

And he is hoping his full-blooded displays and honest approach will earn him similar acclaim at his new club.

"I'm looking forward to having a consistent season and giving 100 per cent effort to Alty," he said.

"I'm a very committed player and always try to give my all when I'm out on the pitch.

"I think the fans appreciate that, especially at this level, because non-league football is more honest.

"But no matter what level you play at, the least supporters deserve is to see every player giving that kind of commitment."

Lane became Alty's second defensive signing of the summer after following former Burton Albion centre half Darren Tinson to Moss Lane.

Together they should contribute to a more solid Robins rearguard and Lane believes that could be the key to the club's success this season.

He said: "With Darren Tinson also coming in I think the defence should be much tighter in the new season.

"Some of the other players the club have been looking at have impressed me as well, so I think we'll stand a good chance of staying up.

"The reason I signed for Alty was because I wanted to play at the highest level possible.

"I turned down a number of offers, including one to become player/coach, to join Alty and I'm confident we can do well."

@AltyDaz

Inaura

Re: Chris lane interview from www.thisistrafford.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »

was very impressed by his reasons for joining Alty, etc, seems like he has his eyes facing the right way!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team