Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 TOMORROW IS FRIDAY ......................

Author Topic: TOMORROW IS FRIDAY ......................  (Read 1966 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »

The day before a very important football match, we've all had a f**king bad week, and tempers have been frayed at all levels of the club.
But let it not be forgotton, the reason why the arguments, accuastions,insults etc have been flying about, one thing links all these together, everybodies love and concern for Altrincham football club.
Now is the time to put this to bed for a few days at least, and look towards getting a big crowd in moss lane on saturday afternoon spurring the lads on too a result that could turn our season.Tell everyone you know how important saturday might be come May next year,and let the football heal the wounds that may have been opened in this two days of madness, because its football that brings us all together in the first place.Now yuo may think this patronising or condesending of me,but I like everyone else, wants simply for the club to do well, I want EVERYONE, be it directors,management,players,club staff,regular supporters,armchair watchers,or just townsfolk in generel to watch this four minute clip below with the sound UP from start to finish, inwardly digest it, and move on ready for the weekend,TOGETHER AS ONE UNIT.
we're in hell right now gentlemen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

Moomin Papa

Re: TOMORROW IS FRIDAY ......................
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 07:01:28 PM »

Well said Hughsey! :-*

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:23:14 PM »

that sounds like something heathcote would say

Alex

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 07:31:40 PM »

Hughesy should give the team talk saturday ! ! ! ! he already has me fired up and ready to get stuck in to droylsden

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »

Hughesy should give the team talk saturday ! ! ! ! he already has me fired up and ready to get stuck in to droylsden

Its nothing to do with teamtalks, its about working and fighting together as one, directors,management,players,supporters,all for the one aim, getting this club where we want it to be, despite being fiction, that is the most inspirational speech Ive ever heard given, and thought it would be fitting at a time like this to share it with those that never saw the film.

mortlakebob

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »

good post Hughesy!
I think some of the comments from Heathcote and the chairman have been ill advised this week. Maybe "patronising" is the best word to describe it.
Graham should remember something very important.
I dont recall one fan coming on here and saying he should resign after the administration error 2 seasons ago. Can you think of any other set of fans who would have been as supportive as that?
and last season success was 5th bottom, failure was 4th bottom - again hardly any supporter called for the manager to go. That's almost unheard of in football nowadays.
We are quite a supportive bunch really so probably worth listening to occasionally!

anyway, enough of that, GH does deserve one thing - some time and space to try and prove he can improve things a bit.
It would be wrong for any of us to bill Saturday's game as MUST WIN.

good luck to GH and the lads, they do deserve a bit of luck on Saturday.

But as someone who works in the media, Ecky is spot on.
This has been an absolute pr disaster by the manager and chairman and I really hope they learn from it. Its almost as if they've been taking lessons in to how alienate genuine fans from Connett at Northwich.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team