PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wetherspoons beer festival
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wetherspoons beer festival  (Read 7532 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wetherspoons beer festival
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 09:09:13 PM »

a pint of whitbread Trophy would do for me at this point in myu life.
As an almost founder member of CAMRA my previous self would turn in its own grave at the amount of "wee k fizzy ersatz lager" (i thank you Roger Protz) that I consume
 let alone the Keg Cider but then i have been a guiding light in the advancment and product placement of Katy cider

Worst beer ever vote goes to John Smiths Magnet Mild ............................. Unless you know different................. it made double diamond taste good
[/quote

You never had the Stones Keg in Sale Cricket Club then, we used to ask for mixed with ice to hide the taste. It was 30 years ago, before someone starts libel actions!

Down here, I know you are Southernist Gazelle, we have exceptional choice now, and for the cider drinker, many pubs have a proper one.

Give me a shout next time you are at a southern game, but the best have gone, Lewes, Weymouth, but Salisbury is good.

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »

Its my favourite pub on Friday night - the Old Market Tavern.

Now that is proper Cask Conditioned Ale, and before you say anything I know you have got to be middle aged to drink there. but that is how we all like our ale!!!

Proper beer in a proper pub, sadly a lot of these are being closed down

See you all soon

Steve from Sale

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 11:35:56 PM »

Between 1970 and 1973, I was in forced exile in Sutton Coldfield. There were only two choices - Ansell's or Mitchell & Butler. It took me very little time to realise that the phrase "Ansell's Bitterman" should really have been three words, not two - and the alternative was Double Diamond. Only the colour distinguished it from Andrews' Liver Salts. Used to love coming home at weekends for a pint of Hyde's in the Quarry Bank !

Bazbatteria

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2009, 11:56:07 PM »

Its my favourite pub on Friday night - the Old Market Tavern.

Now that is proper Cask Conditioned Ale, and before you say anything I know you have got to be middle aged to drink there. but that is how we all like our ale!!!

Proper beer in a proper pub, sadly a lot of these are being closed down

See you all soon

Steve from Sale

My band played there a couple of weeks ago and I performed in my Alty top which instigated a bit of conversation with a few members of the audience, the real ale is fantastic and we are playing again on December 19th, Saturday, after Eastbourne at home.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wetherspoons beer festival