PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED  (Read 5594 times)

markecky

Re: HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 05:43:09 PM »

I don't post half truths and rumours, I would not give wrong info to the hundreds watching on here.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »

Don't know if that's aimed at me but I would never suggest you would.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »

I hope the halifax trust just goes ahead and gets it's team into the Unibond or wherever instead of shilly shallying about with the consortiums clearly pie in the sky aspirations.....being a trust though last i heard they debating whether to withdraw thei statement of intent..................

How come the consortium can afford to appeal (presumably spending money on legal advice?)

I can see there not being a club in Halifax next season at all because they've run out of time.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »

Don't take anything I print as fact, because I am not part of the consortium at Halifax, nor the Administrator.

My understanding is that it is the club i.e the company that are broke - not the people who head up the consortium. These guys want to take over the club and start afresh and part of the plan was to 'clear' the debt. As much as I think that it is disgraceful that people can 'clear' debts by only paying a fraction of that debt, it is a legal means under the insolvency act.

In their case they have put a lot of money into the club to keep it running since their arrival. Clearing the debt would give them the platform to 'move the club on' under their control. However this plan has badly backfired on them - with HM Revenue refusing to accept the paltry 2.5% repayment figure they had in mind.

Knowing what they have spent to date is a large sum of money, then spending a few more thousand on legal fees and train fares to London etc to try and stay in the Conf or Conf N was probably a good gamble in their eyes. It will be interesting to see what their next move is. I hope the team can get into the NCE before it's too late.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jezza

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »

Thanks for that Mick but my point was that a 'few thousand' on legal fees train fares etc would amount to a bit more for their cva offer.

It is disgraceful that there are people waiting for a 'few thousand' pounds owed to them...get offered a few hundred and then the debtor goes and spends a few thousand on a fruitless appeal.

Surely they take their relegation (however far they drop) and make a serious effort to offer as much of the debt as is possible.

Or they simply start again.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »

Thanks Jezza. 100% agree with you.

It would have been nice if the local St Johns Ambulance and some of the little companies who are owed money were able to benefit from any cash that is still 'available', however these guys probably did not accumulate that debt and are obviously looking to salvage something of their investment to date.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »

And i have just looked Boston have lost their appeal,but not sure where they will be placed,Unibond or the bgs southern premier
Harold
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HALIFAX TOWN APPEAL DISMISSED