PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Most embarrasing moment?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Most embarrasing moment?  (Read 5067 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Most embarrasing moment?
« on: January 13, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »

During the football lull i thought i would ask what your most embarrasing moment was at a football game?

For me it would be running onto the pitch at Southport a number of years back to congratulate the lads on a last minute 2-1 win.

Whilst slowing down to congratulate the lads i was flattened by an overweight steward and had to be carried back to the hoardings by the players, covered head to toe in mud on the coach.

Ahh they were the days bottle of diamond white before the game  8)
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

Re: Most embarrasing moment?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »

Luckily I avoided looking a complete plonker at white hart lane in front of 30,000 people by looking at the liner before celebrating Shauin's goal...............unlike the rest of you..

Therefore I was cursing, shouting obscenities, gesticulating unhappily and hitting my head on the seat in front about 20 seconds before you all did.

Railway Alty

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »

Whoa Jezza, you were not the only one who spotted the liner at White Hart Lane. He raised it immediatly and stood there like a prat whilst we went on and scored. I just sat there in despair while all and sundry were celebrating.i then travelled back to the centre of London on a train full of p****d up Spurs fans who were actually relieved it had been disallowed as we were getting the better of them at the time

Alex

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 08:56:49 AM »

well i did make a tit out of myself at tamworth last year when we thought colin little had scored a vital goal, then after going mental i spotted the liner and went even more mental  :-[

markecky

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:15:49 AM »

Luckily I avoided looking a complete plonker at white hart lane in front of 30,000 people by looking at the liner before celebrating Shauin's goal...............unlike the rest of you..

Therefore I was cursing, shouting obscenities, gesticulating unhappily and hitting my head on the seat in front about 20 seconds before you all did.

I was with you on that one Jezza and really wished I hadn't seen the linesmans flag because everyone around had what appeared to be the best ten seconds of their lives.  I was physically grabbing people saying "he's flagging, he's flagging" and no-one would listen.

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »

I believe Ecky's most embarrasing moment was when he 'cuffed' a kid at Hyde, classic moment

markecky

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »

Old fashioned discipline is what its all about.

Frosty

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »

as I recall the little lads sister was livid  :D

markecky

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:19:46 AM »

She was..although she was as rough as him. Had to get her in a headlock in the end*

*joke

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:01:52 AM »

I recall telling a youngster to go and f*ck himself on the way out of Guisely when we got trounced 4-0. I then spent 5 minutes being lambasted by his whole family in the bottleneck to get out of the ground.

That is truly one of my lowest moments as an Altrincham supporter. Nearly going bust twice had nothing on that coach journey home, ears burning, pride round my ankles.

In fact I wish I had said it to Darren Royle instead he desrved it more, although he undoubtedly would have tried and missed his own arsehole!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »

Nasha had a great comedy moment before the frickley match away years ago, ran after a stray ball and then summersaulted over the advertising hoarding, did any one else see this or did I imagine it?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »

Ah, memories of Frickley...I recall spending ages messing around tying the London Alty flag up on the back wall behind the grassy bank only to then find that the top of the wall had been covered in anti-vandal paint. I then had to bunk into the main stand and find some washing facilities. I think the Stella fumes helped to placate the catering ladies whose kitchen I ended up in. The Stella probably also explains why I didn't notice the paint in the first place.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Spangles

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 08:30:21 PM »

That's not Embarressmet.  I have a few incidents that are related to my families issues  with bladder control

No 1. I pissed myself in a long queue trying to get into Old Trafford in the early eighties v ARSENAL wearing stone washed jeans! WET STAI NS!!

No 2. I got bollocked loudly by my mum in front of a whole coach load of fans when MUFC played Liverpool in the milk cup Final  (I  wasn't allowed to go on my own as i was only 12) because i was the last person on; i was watching my first ever fight between fans

No 3. On above journey i had to piss in a beaker sat next  to mum cos the coach had no toilet

They lost 2-1 by the way.

thegazelle

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »

Frickley a place for embarrassment

on being hit for the third time by a snowball with astone in it i lost my rag and steamed into the bunch of youths throwing said projectiles fully expecting them to run away.

they didnt

as i met the first one i jumped to avoid his kung fu kick landed on ice and fell over . they then set about kicking me whilst on the floor (no pain felt stella or robinsons bitter etc) said youths chased of by mr hall who took a snowball to th eye and ended up with the best shiner i have ever seen . (he is still angry with me)

went to the local chippy with the team after the match kingy then unscrewed the vinegar and salt tops so i put 2 tons of each on me chips oh that funny scouse wit.

and then the list of embarrassing stories goes on and on isnt being old and wise great but then it beats getting thrown out for chucking a pie at the oppositions fans, if yer going to chuck something make it a dart or a brick

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 07:39:36 AM »

After watching Alty lose to Witton Albion in the Cheshire Senior Cup Final, and having observed the ruckus on the pitch afterwards, in a rare moment of teenage rebellion I ripped a sign down in a grave yard on the way back to the station - right in front of two under cover police officers. After lying that I was under 16, they then proceeded to ask me if my parents would be proud before making me put the sign back, tail between my legs, and letting me go to scamper after everyone else already at the station. As I recall, several Alty fans played a game of human pin ball on the train back home. Not the proudest day of my life - I blame the shopkeeper that sold me that Guinness.  ::)
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Most embarrasing moment?