News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I hope they ignore him!

Author Topic: I hope they ignore him!  (Read 3179 times)

Altysmiffy

I hope they ignore him!
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »

BBC (again) "Leeds fans have written to every League club pleading with them to back Ken Bates' appeal against their 15-point penalty. (The Sun)"

Anyway, 15 points?  Pah! Chickenfeed! Call that a points deduction?

DarrenH

Re: I hope they ignore him!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »

Leeds fans writing ???
I can see a major flaw in that plan.

Altyant

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »

scrap paper and a couple of wax crayons used probably  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »

I dont mean to be rude to leeds, well actually I do, but every fan in the country hates leeds, who would actually wish to help them - hope they rot in hell and go out of business the scum.

DarrenH

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »

What they have tried to do is no better than what Boston and Crawley have done / are doing.
They deserve every punishment they get.

penfold

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:54:13 PM »

What they have tried to do is no better than what Boston and Crawley have done / are doing.
They deserve every punishment they get.

i agree with you on that one!

bighairedmike

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:12:41 PM »

In all honesty me thinks that the same should happen to boston. They made even more of a farce going into administration in the last game instead of the thursday before (as leeds did) and, even though they got relegated and relegated again, they should be hit with this deduction as well. This would definately make clubs think again.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:18:51 PM »

Just think.... how long before Farsley Celtic are the biggest team in Leeds?

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 09:54:55 PM »

Just think.... how long before Farsley Celtic are the biggest team in Leeds?

2 weeks?!!  ;D

Foz

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 11:40:28 PM »

In all honesty me thinks that the same should happen to boston. They made even more of a farce going into administration in the last game instead of the thursday before (as leeds did) and, even though they got relegated and relegated again, they should be hit with this deduction as well. This would definately make clubs think again.

Now doing that would be a massive punishment, It would be like pushing Leeds into League 2 AND deducting the points. I see what you are saying about it being a real incentive to do the right thing, but how do you judge what is the right punishment?

I can't help feeling that the punishments for Leeds and Crawley are a little random in the severity, I would love to know what the respective leagues reasoning is, and what rules it is done under.... Is what Leeds have done 2 and a half times worse than Crawley? or is it just the different rules that dictate the different punishments?

altyf

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 09:07:38 AM »

Is what Leeds have done 2 and a half times worse than Crawley? or is it just the different rules that dictate the different punishments?

Its a seriously good question...my guess is that there isnt much difference at all between the two crimes, maybe the greater influence of the media in the Leeds debacle influenced the decision? otherwise, would guess that the league boards have looked at the situations differently and therefore the punishments have been different.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »

The decisions, like evrything the FA does, are a political knock on effect.

Accy escaped points decuctions because the wanted to let West Ham off, the West HAm affair is so utterly corrupt and everyone knows it, therefore when the Leeds issue came along they got the backlash of  that and the points deductions. Consequently, the FA are currently taking a hard line on anyone who is f**king around cva wise.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »

The decisions, like evrything the FA does, are a political knock on effect.

Accy escaped points decuctions because the wanted to let West Ham off, the West HAm affair is so utterly corrupt and everyone knows it, therefore when the Leeds issue came along they got the backlash of  that and the points deductions. Consequently, the FA are currently taking a hard line on anyone who is f**king around cva wise.

and being very inconsistent in the process!

Oh! You knew that already!

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 08:32:48 PM »

Now doing that would be a massive punishment, It would be like pushing Leeds into League 2 AND deducting the points. I see what you are saying about it being a real incentive to do the right thing, but how do you judge what is the right punishment?

I can't help feeling that the punishments for Leeds and Crawley are a little random in the severity, I would love to know what the respective leagues reasoning is, and what rules it is done under.... Is what Leeds have done 2 and a half times worse than Crawley? or is it just the different rules that dictate the different punishments?

Its a fair point and the league just has to decide when enough is enough and (for the clubs own good) they should just put a stop to all the cheating (because thats all it is.)
I think that everybody that does it should all have the same punishment, whether its seen as harsh or not. I mean all the clubs that are high profile cases have all been treated differently. Scarborough kicked out the league and deducted 10 points the season after. Boston kicked out of the league but no points deduction, Crawley just points deductions and Leeds just points deducted (the fact that they were relegated for on the pitch performances is immaterial in this case.) All punishments need to be the same and just a bit of consistency would be good, make others think etc. It'll never happen but in a perfect world...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I hope they ignore him!