News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well thats saturdays attendance hit again

Author Topic: Well thats saturdays attendance hit again  (Read 3333 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well thats saturdays attendance hit again
« on: November 15, 2007, 08:47:23 PM »

http://www.thisistrafford.co.uk/display.var.1822242.0.buzzing_town_opens_for_business.php

'Buzzing' town opens for business
By Chris Griffin
Comment | Read Comments (5)
Uopdate - THE completion of a £1.5 million scheme to upgrade Altrincham's main thoroughfare will be marked by a ceremony at the weekend.

The Mayor, Cllr Bernard Sharp, will cut a ribbon to mark the opening of the revamped Stamford New Road, at 3.30pm on Saturday.

He will then step into the mayoral car and be the first to drive down the carriageway, seeing for himself how the ambitious scheme has improved the street environment.

Cllr Matt Colledge, the council's deputy leader, said the improvements had transformed Stamford New Road into a stunning thoroughfare.

He said: "People can see before their eyes the exciting improvements being made in Altrincham. The introduction of wider footways and high quality paving, lighting and attractive landscaping, a resurfaced carriageway, dedicated loading bays and extra short stay parking along the length of Stamford New Road signals another part of the town centre 'jigsaw' slotting into place.

"With the fantastic improvements already to the historic market quarter, the temporary ice rink and new and revitalised shops opening Altrincham has a real 'buzz' about it. Local people, visitors, workers and shoppers alike can see the town centre transformation and are enthusiastic and confident for its future as one of the north west's premier shopping and leisure destinations.

"I would like to thank everyone involved in this project, especially our partners and local businesses who have been able to continue trading while the work was continuing. Without their support and cooperation it would not have been possible to complete this major road improvement scheme on time and in such a way that reduced disruption for people," he said.

Mark Rubin, Altrincham Town Centre Partnership said: "The Altrincham town centre street scene has turned out to be better than envisaged. Trafford Council is to be congratulated."

Anyone wanting more information about the official opening of Stamford New Road should contact Nicola Ward on 0161 912 4145.

4:00pm today

Print   Email this   CommentPosted by: altyshopkeeper, altrincham on 5:02pm Fri 9 Nov 07
Matt forgot to mention all the boarded up shops on Stamford New Road, the over agressive traffic wardens, increasing parking charges, congestion due to new traffic lights, increased metro link fares to get into Altrincham. Independent shops replaced with pubs (for those lovely people from Partington to drink in on the weekends), takeaways and estate agents. Yeah Altrincham's got loads going for it, I bet the Trafford Centre will be empty next week, what with its free parking. Matt I think you were still drunk from the Quarry Bank when you made those comments.
Matt forgot to mention all the boarded up shops on Stamford New Road, the over agressive traffic wardens, increasing parking charges, congestion due to new traffic lights, increased metro link fares to get into Altrincham. Independent shops replaced with pubs (for those lovely people from Partington to drink in on the weekends), takeaways and estate agents. Yeah Altrincham's got loads going for it, I bet the Trafford Centre will be empty next week, what with its free parking. Matt I think you were still drunk from the Quarry Bank when you made those comments.Quote | Report this postPosted by: JcCarr, Altrincham on 6:04pm Fri 9 Nov 07
Eveywhere else Tesco's are demonized. Thank God for Tesco!! They have kept Altrincham alive with their free car parking! Trafford obviously bought a job lot of traffic signals and have awarded everone a set. Unfortunately they have not been changed from their factory settings and we have huge traffic jams everywhere. NOT from visitors to Altrincham but from vehicles trying to get through. Does there have to be one charity shop for every bar? RIP. Altrincham.
Eveywhere else Tesco's are demonized. Thank God for Tesco!! They have kept Altrincham alive with their free car parking!
Trafford obviously bought a job lot of traffic signals and have awarded everone a set. Unfortunately they have not been changed from their factory settings and we have huge traffic jams everywhere. NOT from visitors to Altrincham but from vehicles trying to get through.
Does there have to be one charity shop for every bar?
RIP. Altrincham.
Quote | Report this postPosted by: Altrincham Trader, Altrincham on 2:22pm Mon 12 Nov 07
I agree - Matt Colledge seems to be talking about somewhere other than Altrincham. Kensington High Street perhaps!- I recall reading that that was what it was quoted as going to look like? Maybe he should join the Mayor is his drive past then he'll see what the rest of us see. What was the objectives if it's better than envisaged? It looks the same tatty Altrincham street,new paving already littered with fag ends & gum - with an extra set of traffic lights & less places to park - how can that be better?
I agree - Matt Colledge seems to be talking about somewhere other than Altrincham. Kensington High Street perhaps!- I recall reading that that was what it was quoted as going to look like?

Maybe he should join the Mayor is his drive past then he'll see what the rest of us see.

What was the objectives if it's better than envisaged? It looks the same tatty Altrincham street,new paving already littered with fag ends & gum - with an extra set of traffic lights & less places to park - how can that be better?Quote | Report this postPosted by: John Jones, Partington on 5:21pm today
The comments of "Altyshopkeeper" regarding [bold]Independent shops replaced with pubs (for those lovely people from Partington to drink in on the weekends)[/bold] Show a totally unacceptable attitude towards the people of Partington. Our people are "lovely" and I would prefer to live here, rather than with those who sneer at others.
The comments of "Altyshopkeeper" regarding Independent shops replaced with pubs (for those lovely people from Partington to drink in on the weekends)
Show a totally unacceptable attitude towards the people of Partington.
Our people are "lovely" and I would prefer to live here, rather than with those who sneer at others. Quote | Report this postPosted by: Nigel Hattersley, Altrincham on 7:25pm today
Has Mr Jones drank in Alty recently? Altyshopkeeper is right, the ashen faced, pot noodle fuelled yobs from out of town have destroyed it. If you want a pint, stare at the floor whilst you drink it or you might get it in your face. Or kicked in the face if you nudge someone in the takeaway. Its a "who can look angrier" contest from start to finish. They should all be put down, these people serve no purpose.
Has Mr Jones drank in Alty recently? Altyshopkeeper is right, the ashen faced, pot noodle fuelled yobs from out of town have destroyed it. If you want a pint, stare at the floor whilst you drink it or you might get it in your face. Or kicked in the face if you nudge someone in the takeaway. Its a "who can look angrier" contest from start to finish. They should all be put down, these people serve no purpose.
@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well thats saturdays attendance hit again
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:57:31 PM »

Well, I was going to mention the fact that Alty is now a sh*t hole due to the scum shuttle but the comments at the bottom have done it for me. Twice.

teasybeaver

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:28:21 AM »

Altrincham is indeed an absolute dumphole, I blame the Trafford centre to be honest. Who is it who gives all these permits out for every shop front to turn into a bar?

Its not that I dont feel that safe in Altrincham, leave the wretches to fight the wretches, its more that I'd never go back to bring up my family in the town I used to be so proud to have been brought up in.

Not to mention the town has once again overlooked its football club, could they not have done it at 2.00pm sensibly?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »

Well, I was going to mention the fact that Alty is now a sh*t hole due to the scum shuttle but the comments at the bottom have done it for me. Twice.
Could be worse. You could be living in Chester.
They really should be beating teams like us

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:22:47 PM »

Near North Wales, off the M56

markecky

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 10:54:55 PM »

Goodwin for the Partridge reference.. ;D

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 09:06:32 AM »