News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That's put that topic to bed

Author Topic: That's put that topic to bed  (Read 4517 times)

Jimmy

« on: September 22, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »

I believe bosh was injured yesterday but watching that to me ended the argument that he should be dropped

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: That's put that topic to bed
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »

Any such suggestion is lunacy, he's the best midfielder in this league by a country mile, he just needs richman beside him or moult if we've a proper right sided player on the pitch, so moult doesn't get drawn out of position to help in the right

JDN

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »

Any such suggestion is lunacy, he's the best midfielder in this league by a country mile, he just needs richman beside him or moult if we've a proper right sided player on the pitch, so moult doesn't get drawn out of position to help in the right
lunacy is it?

I would say 50% of the forum have suggested it!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:30:12 AM by Jamie Newhall »

roytonmike

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:22:33 AM »

Anyone with two eyes open and the merest smattering of common sense can surely see that Boshell has more football ability than any other ten in our squad put together. We need an organiser, a pivot around whom to play & he fulfils that role far better than anyone else we have could do. Saturday's non-performance shows how vital he is to our prospects.

JDN

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:31:07 AM »

Many on here have suggested he be dropped Mike :o

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:46 AM »

Like many of the team I don't think Boshell has been at his best so far. However, without him our passing game is massively affected, this was very evident on Saturday. He is the go to midfield player for the back four and allows us to calm it a bit when under pressure. At times Sat reminded me of the game at Brackley. NFU were in our faces from the off and never really allowed us to get into a passing pattern, hence a fair bit of hoofball which got us nowhere as has been said. If Boshell had started I think things would've been different.

That said, whilst NFU were no cloggers they did leave their foot in at every opportunity. Fair enough, their manager knew we like to pass it around, but when the referee made it clear after the first challenge he'd put up with 'slightly late' tackles they took full advantage.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »

Like many of the team I don't think Boshell has been at his best...........At times Sat reminded me of the game at Brackley. NFU were in our faces from the off and never really allowed us to get into a passing pattern, hence a fair bit of hoofball which got us nowhere as has been said. If Boshell had started I think things would've been different.

Boshell only contributes when he's given acres of space, such as against Oxford. He does not perform when closed down and NFU did exactly that. They had done their homework unlike our manager. I therefore don't think Boshell would have made any difference at NFU. Even against Oxford he tended to distribute the ball sideways or back in a lethargic manner which always gives the opposing defence time to reform. Rarely an incisive forward pass. IMHO an adequate addition to the squad but not the first name on the team sheet as others seem to see him.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »

Like many of the team I don't think Boshell has been at his best...........At times Sat reminded me of the game at Brackley. NFU were in our faces from the off and never really allowed us to get into a passing pattern, hence a fair bit of hoofball which got us nowhere as has been said. If Boshell had started I think things would've been different.

Boshell only contributes when he's given acres of space, such as against Oxford. He does not perform when closed down and NFU did exactly that. They had done their homework unlike our manager. I therefore don't think Boshell would have made any difference at NFU. Even against Oxford he tended to distribute the ball sideways or back in a lethargic manner which always gives the opposing defence time to reform. Rarely an incisive forward pass. IMHO an adequate addition to the squad but not the first name on the team sheet as others seem to see him.

Couldn't disagree more :-)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »

This topic may have been put to bed but it's certainly thrashing about under the covers.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 03:01:34 PM »

Boshell is the least of our worries. The acquisition of a right winger and a central defender are of paramount importance.

I'm sure the management are working at addressing this, but in my opinion it needs to be done sooner rather than later if we are to be serious title contenders.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »

I despair at times.

Does the fact Boshell has only been on the losing side once (away v Chester) since he's been here register with some people or do they think it's a coincidence?

VofD

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »

Highlighted parts I agree with.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team