PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disrespect
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Disrespect  (Read 11512 times)

FGR-Bhoy

Re: Disrespect
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

Im doing a bit of online working, might aswell do something to pass the time  ;)

Once again im very sorry Mr Officer but i cannot account for the coach bookings..

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »

Afraid not mate..  ;)

Although i have been told about it! I wouldn't do anything that pointless or immature to a team i couldn't give a flying f**k about  :D

Cheerio then !

FGR-Bhoy

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »

??? Still here

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 10:29:16 PM »

Have a Goodwin, Jenga. I'm all for banter, but some take it too far.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:00:16 PM »

Jenga#s spot on in his original post.

I don't think anything posted on here relates to real life too much, saying Luton are sh*t isn't going to raise the attention of anty genuine hooligans.

I think the point is that we ahve some younger fans who seem to think that singing going down etc is funny. it isn't, it winds people up. If we were away at say Telford in round 2 and some of them were sticking vs out of coach windows resulting in a brick or were winding people up which results in somebody else getting a slap, then I'm afraid I'd be handing out some home truths of my own.

Point being, don't be dicks, don't lower yourself to others level and be aware that all actions have consequences (even if they don't happen to you).

Narcissist

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 08:16:12 AM »

OCG you refer to how can this get us a kicking.

Just think about it for a minute maybe.

Lets assume that due to the singing at luton and the grief we gave the fan who came on here that out of the possible 200 fans that come to the replay it includes 10 hardcore nuts who are so passionate about their club they feel so strong about the 30 point deduction and are facing no league for many years to come that they decide to teach us a lesson - i am sorry but look at the trouble 1 (or was it 2)  hardcore nuts caused in a friendly against FCUM.

I am all for banter, i am all for singing and i am all for shouting at the opposition keeper and giving grief to people who come on saying Colin Peake my lord. Dont get me wrong in that regard.

But some people need to take a look at themselves.

You think i should mention names as well? To be honest this thread is not aimed at anyone specific and i don't want to cause arguments amongst our own supporters, it is a general comment that i make but i am sure you could perhaps think of names yourself maybe?

My point is not about our actions at games, its just about things said on the forum. I did mention that the Luton fan got a bit of stick he didnt deserve, but it was still relatively light-hearted. It won't translate onto the terraces at the replay.

What we do at games could and has got others into a bit of bother, but thats a different kettle of fish. When the old guard talk about the 70's I dont see anyone lambasting them for glorifying it to the 'young supporters'. Its just football, we all know what happens, because it has done for years.

I agree that sometimes people go over the top but its not fair to say that the post isn't about anyone you know, and then say its not directed at anyone, it clearly is.

Jenga

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 08:38:57 AM »

No actually it is not.

There have been many examples but who said what and when and about who i really cant remember and havent got the time to go trolling looking for them.

It is a general feeling I have picked up on.

I mention that it is not about people I know because if it was it would stick in my memory.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:41:11 AM by Jenga »

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

I think you should be kinder to fans of other clubs and should really be buying them beers and stuff, especially at Christmas time when it's "goodwin to all men".

;D ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 10:20:33 AM »

Not for the first time, I remember a certain match with Hednesford

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »

Well this one will get me peaked for sure but here goes.

I have noticed over recent months that many altrincham fans are being more and more disrespectful to other clubs and their supporters.

We are a friendly club who live within our means (now anyway) and pride ourselves on this fact and that we are currently holding our own in a full time league. Remember Altrinchams darker financial days?

But the comments I have seen lately are a joke.

So we don't like FGR because of Peake, who I agree should have been shot a birth. But why have a go at the FGR fans.

Matt from NVFC comes on here, know i hate vics with a passion but sometimes he is ok, Vessey comes on and to start with was nice, but noticed the aggression to him, although alot of what he says now is i am sure done to wind us up.

Luton fans come on here and are pleasant enough and we launch at them with stupid comments like know your geography we are no where need curzon you cockneys. We have kids in the crowds singing going down and you f***ed up the league and stuff, who perhaps dont remember our 19 point deduction.

Now I know alot of people on this forum, but it seems to be the ones i don't know are the ones that are getting all aggressive with other clubs. Maybe your the kids I don't know, maybe you dont know our proud past,  but if some of you carry on the way you are at the moment we will get a bad name and who knows before long a good kicking.

Can we all grow up please and act like the club and fans we really are.

Well thats all i wanted to say.

Discuss, peake, slag me off, i dont mind but i think i do have a point in what i am saying.

Thank you.

I agree with it, especially in regards to the "Going Down" chants, I always like to think we are better than that ... Hence why tried to start songs 'over' the top of those sort of pointless chants...

Of course I reserve the right to HATE all things Macc, Vics and FGR... Sorry but all tarnished with same brush and have no time for any of them. I NEVER forget anything and thats why I will hate all things FGR until the day I die.

Mighty Hatter

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 11:56:11 AM »

Well done Jenga, finally a decent poster from alty. Posted a few days back and yes did receive some rather immature comments. Prior to the game advised your fans of parking at Luton, and a pub welcoming away fans i.e. Bedfordshire Yeoman etc, but subsequent to game  a lot of nonsense posted on here.

One commented in the Yeoman a Luton fan instructed his 12 year old son to 'ave him because he was wearing his alty shirt..don't you think that was meant as a light hearted joke?

Yes saw the You Tube business, trust me older Luton fans like myself found it embarrassing.

Some alty fans have already found our messageboard Luton Outlaws and we welcome sensible posters with decent discussion points or witty banter, but please don't just post sh*te like fcuk off cockneys etc!!

As regards the replay be surprised if more than 200 turn up from Luton, and wish you well if you beat us.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:58 PM »

I think we are going to have to come to terms with the fact that as well as the good news attracting lots of younger fans to the club, this is bound to bring with it an element who do not get non league football, the days are gone when we could rely on the fact that no alty fan would let us down.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mahatma Gander

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

I think we are going to have to come to terms with the fact that as well as the good news attracting lots of younger fans to the club, this is bound to bring with it an element who do not get non league football, the days are gone when we could rely on the fact that no alty fan would let us down.

I think it's worth mentioning that we do not have any such lofty ideals at Kenilworth Rd, and if our fans had bothered turning out you might have heard it.  So, if we were to complian about you singing "Going Down" it would be hypocrisy in the extreme for us where it's just seen as banter. 

RocketDan

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »

I generally agree with your post, but you must be able to tell the difference between someone jesting with sarcasm and witty banter and someone who is generally being a mong.

i like to think i fall into the first category.

Narcissist

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »

No actually it is not.

There have been many examples but who said what and when and about who i really cant remember and havent got the time to go trolling looking for them.

It is a general feeling I have picked up on.

I mention that it is not about people I know because if it was it would stick in my memory.

I do agree with you jenga, Its laughable some of the tripe that gets posted to people on here. Not just away fans, but anyone who goes against the norm. Some people just cant believe their threads arent met with raptures.

My point originally is that it wont get anyone a kicking.

Secondly, that at least an example would be good, just to emphasise the kind of thing you mean. We'll agree to disagree with this and get on with our lives. No hard feelings and i'll get back to my pereguin falcon programme.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Disrespect