PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Play Off Semi-Final Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bromley Play Off Semi-Final Match Thread  (Read 6164 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bromley Play Off Semi-Final Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2024, 07:46:47 AM »

proud of the lads.be proud of yourselves.But that carpet i have never seen a ball bounce so high must have been 8 foot for their second goal from that long throw,how can you defend against that.At 3-1 we did play better,it was just 10 minutes of bromley after the second half started.Next season the first 2 go up automaticly, so let keep the momentem going uder Phil and sorv's we have improved season on season.
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2024, 07:54:31 AM »

I suppose one of the first things we're taught in Sunday League is not to let the ball bounce - even more so on a pitch like that. Lewis Baines seems superhuman sometimes, but it was almost as if he took his cape off between 45-60 and that affected everyone else too. But the poor lad can't do it all on his own.

At the top end of the pitch, stating the bleeding obvious but you just need those Newby / Conn-Clarke set pieces to hit the target really. I think deep down we all started to think it might not be our day when we couldn't quite make the most of the backpass freekick.

As others have stated, available players will be knocking on the door to join us now, and IF we accept a bid for any of our players (thankfully I think the vast majority are now under contract) that'll give us the extra 10% to offer on wages which will potentially make a crucial difference if used across 2-3 different starting positions.

I don't begrudge the management team having a rest, but I'm sure they'll be itching to get going.

See you all in pre-season :)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2024, 08:42:22 AM »

"Next season the first two go up automatically"

I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere. What about playoffs?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2024, 09:19:21 AM »

others have said it all really, but must say overall pleased with our progress this season. Shame we didn't play midweek and get momentum playing Halifax. Pitch was awful as expected. We were sat down. That was awful experience and they wont get away with that in the efl. No segregation at all. Would never sit down there again if we have to go back. To take 700 fans 230 miles away was immense though. On to next season, will be interesting to see who goes and who joins us.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2024, 10:47:54 AM »

it was anounced some time last year that from 2024/2025 season two would get auto promotion to league and a third via the play offs.here is a link but it does not say its been accepted yet,but i did hear somewhere that it has been agreed.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11569911/EFL-ready-offer-National-League-promotion-place-footballs-financial-reforms.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:53:18 AM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2024, 10:57:11 AM »

Here is Phil's post match interview.

https://altrinchamfc.com/blogs/news/post-match-bromley

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2024, 11:58:31 AM »

it was anounced some time last year that from 2024/2025 season two would get auto promotion to league and a third via the play offs.here is a link but it does not say its been accepted yet,but i did hear somewhere that it has been agreed.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11569911/EFL-ready-offer-National-League-promotion-place-footballs-financial-reforms.html

If this was the result of the NL Board bending over and asking how deep with regards to cup replays, I can honestly accept that. Oh and that god forsaken u21 comp they suggested.

I don't think it happens this close season though.

Back to the result yesterday... Our team are heroes, the result was wank and we're at least capable of going again even without CCC.

Always wanted to see us win the Trophy as well tbf.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2024, 06:08:48 PM »

I heard coach three was struggling to get home. Anyone know what time they made it home?

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2024, 07:53:52 AM »

I heard coach three was struggling to get home. Anyone know what time they made it home?
About half 12. The driver thought it was a great idea to take a trip through central london

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2024, 09:09:59 AM »

Only half an hour behind us then!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2024, 06:43:54 PM »

A lot of excellent posts on here, and I can't disagree with any of them.

One of the characteristics of Phil Parkinson's and Neil Tolson's tenure is that they seem to learn as they go on. That's not a bad thing - quite the contrary - and while we may occasionally take a step back, that is usually followed by three steps forward, so I can't see us following Boreham Wood or Dartford who were in the playoffs in 2023 then relegated in 2o24.

Phil and Neil will now have more idea of wbat is needed, or what nous if you like, to achieve success in the playoffs, and I am sure that will be addressed.

It has been a great season and we have been competing at the highest level we have for nearly thirty years.

How did he sneak back in..?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2024, 10:19:00 PM »

A lot of excellent posts on here, and I can't disagree with any of them.

One of the characteristics of Phil Parkinson's and Neil Tolson's tenure is that they seem to learn as they go on. That's not a bad thing - quite the contrary - and while we may occasionally take a step back, that is usually followed by three steps forward, so I can't see us following Boreham Wood or Dartford who were in the playoffs in 2023 then relegated in 2o24.

Phil and Neil will now have more idea of wbat is needed, or what nous if you like, to achieve success in the playoffs, and I am sure that will be addressed.

It has been a great season and we have been competing at the highest level we have for nearly thirty years.

How did he sneak back in..?!

Well spotted. In my defence, it was a late night post after a long journey, although not as long as Neil Tolson's would have been from Wisconsin, nor people who had used the coaches  which went the scenic route from Bromley.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bromley Play Off Semi-Final Match Thread