News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Possably new midfield player signing this week

Author Topic: Possably new midfield player signing this week  (Read 2941 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:43:06 PM »

Taken from www.thisistrafford.co.uk
Further down the post the bit i have underlined

Lewis is off to the Shots
By Connor Murphy
Comment

Lewis Chalmers made almost 100 appearances for Alty.
ALTRINCHAM have lost their battle to keep young star Lewis Chalmers at the club after he signed for Conference rivals Aldershot this week.

Robins boss Graham Heathcote had been keen to keep the 21-year-old at Moss Lane for at least another year.

But it seems the lure of a professional contract was too much for Chalmers, who is set to quadruple his wages at the Recreation Ground.

And Alty will not even receive any compensation for the midfielder, as he was only on non-contract terms with the club.

Chalmers was one of the surprise packages of last season, gaining instant recognition for his hardworking and athletic performances on the left flank.

The youngster even earned a call up to the England National Game XI, as well as touring with Middlesex Wanderers this summer, and Heathcote said his departure would be a blow to the club.

advertisement

Speaking exclusively to SAM Sport, he said: "We wanted Lewis to stay at the club but it became pretty clear early doors that he was going to leave.

"He's still got a lot of work to do but he can become a very good player.

"He had a good season with us and when you do that it only alerts others of your ability.

"I had a long chat with (England National Game manager) Paul Fairclough about Lewis this summer and convinced him he was worthy of a place in the team. But maybe that has backfired on me now because it put him in the shop window.

"You can only be fair with your players though, that's what I have built my reputation on. I can't make him stay at Alty, I only want players who want to play here.

"I can completely understand why Lewis wants to leave because he wants to play professional football and it looks like he'll earn quadruple what he got here."

The impact of Chalmers' departure will be eased, however, by the arrival of Southport defender Chris Lane.

The 28-year-old right back, who made 33 Conference appearances for the Sandgrounders last season, agreed terms with Heathcote last Thursday.

And the Alty manager is also hoping to secure the signing of an experienced midfielder, who recently left one of their Conference rivals.
Heathcote will meet the player on Thursday evening for final talks on a possible move.

He said: "I hope to have another player signed by Friday and he will be a good addition to the squad.

"I'm also after a goalscorer and a wide player, as well as a natural left back but these players are all very hard to come by.

"But it's still only June so I'm not going to rush into everything. By this time last year we had everybody signed up but that doesn't mean we should have now.

"There will be more players available as the summer goes on so I'm confident we can continue adding to our squad."

4:29pm today

@AltyDaz

louise1925

Re: Possably new midfield player signing this week
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »

So who might this midfield player be? Just been on the York site and seen they've signed a number of players this summer and released a fair few midfielders too - friends of Joe? Transfer rumours are all good fun!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:14:47 PM »

this was mentioned last week when lane signed

altyf

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:21:19 PM »

-i reckon its a northwich midfielder, got nothing to back it up but just have a feeling

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:00:53 PM »

Said he was full time so may rule vics out (or not)

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »

I say vics as well but who knows.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »

Apparantly from the west midlands area and should be sorted tomorrow.
@AltyDaz

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 10:07:32 PM »

David Beckham,now the spice girls have reformed Victoria needs to be in the Uk with the rest of the group.Alty being parttime would be ideal for David as the rest of his time would be spent looking after the kids  ;D
Harold

lukealty12

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 10:11:47 PM »

David Beckham,now the spice girls have reformed Victoria needs to be in the Uk with the rest of the group.Alty being parttime would be ideal for David as the rest of his time would be spent looking after the kids  ;D

you a genios ;D, it really does all fit into place. ;D

Butty

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 10:31:50 PM »

does he still have his house round here or did he sell it?

Inaura

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 12:40:54 AM »

No, I bought Beckham's house, but it's a bit small and cramped and it smells a bit funny too.

I'm thinking of moving, apparently a nice house has just gone on the market in Madrid....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team